we rescued Moon Monkeys Manta !!

d818anr

Was thinking,,,,,,,,,,

Moon Monkey has had some bloody grief with his Manta, and through it all he has perservered and still keeps this car as a daily drive.

Now as far as I can see most of the work required on this car is reasonably straightforward.

If you like the idea of this Steve (Moon monkey) then who is prepared to go and sort his car out with me??

This idea has been spurred on by a conversation with Paulmanta today, who is going to be posting something along these lines up on the forum at some point.

Now I may be needing to get my car to Billing, BUT I have a daily drive Steves car is his daily drive, and as far as I'm concerned I'm a member of a club and helping people out is a BIG part of being a club member.

Weather...... there could be a way round this yet.

So who's up for this????????????

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Looks like meat is back on the menu boys

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he got a garden for the tents? Where abouts do you live Mr Monkey? I'll admit I'm not a welding guru but quite handy with the electrics./ Only thing is the 2 month old baby we have, but maybe later in the year I'd be able to get involved for a weekend of Manta surgery!

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

Maybe the best thing is for the monkey mobile to go to you Clive ? you have the set up and all the kit, a couple more club lads around at your place for a saturday would almost sort the worst of it.

If it was a weekend i could come up from Cornwall so long as there was a place to sleep, i could also bring any parts steve still needs.

I put a post of helping in the members section to judge opinions before i go into the public forums with it !

Climbed a mountain and turned around

I'm up in newcatle but i more than willing to travel to sort the beast the heap out....

I currently have an alley type thing to work on the car... and as it's busy it's a right pain...

If this is gonna happen I'll be more than willing to pay for a good piss up and some pizza's and stuff... obviously for parts and labour too!!!

if you'd have seen the smile on my face when i read this post!![:D][:D][:D]

I better get that cheque sent off for my membership!![:I][:I]

best to leave it till the beginning of next month cause I'm totally skint at the moment... have just about enough to pay for 2 weeks petrol... but i think i may aswell see if i can get that suspension on finance and if possible try to get that sorted too...

the one thing i do ask if this happens is...

DONT LET ME SLACK OFF AND DO NOTHING!!!

although i want to learn I am a lazy tw@t too!! if only i could afford those brakes too... what would be better to go for? brakes or suspension?...

oh yeah... YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

and another thing... if you decided that you want to wait till after billing that's fine... the MOT ain't due till september...[:o)][:o)]

B934RJA... With a dented face

Steve, I have relatives that live in Leamington! I'm up that way soon, so I could pop round for a chat!!

I'll let you know nearer the time, it would possibly be a weekend that I'm up.

[^][;)]

Stuart 'exiled- a user & abuser, surrounded by the deaf and blind who now only mock' Kowalski

OMOC 5091f

Stuart%20Manta2.jpg

I will come up as far as i can, Clives would be good as newcastle is a hell of a way from me in Cornwall, as for paying for labour thats not necessary or diesel, just return the help favour at some time to thse who helped you, piss up/pizza is a good plan though.

as for slacking off, well, you will learn more in that weekend than you would believe !!

only if you bring the manta!!!

I always wanted to see that beastie since i was in manchester but never made a meet...[:(]

only kidding about the manta... i live in wideopen... which is just a couple of miles north of the city centre... dead easy to get to... follow the a! toward morpeth... you'll see a turn off marked wide open and there's also gosforth park just near by... follow the directions I gave for the north east meet but rather than turning into the pub bit follow it to the roundabout... take the 1st exit... follow to the next roundabout... take first exit again... follow it down and you'll see the heap.... I live just after a little green corner shop that'll be on the right... unless you wanna just meet at the pub!!

this is me...

567438767_m.jpg

tho i won't have the jumper rapped round my head!![:D][:D][:P][:P][:o)][:o)][:P][:P][:D][:D]

how long have you got????

drivers side floor pan

inner sils - passenger side is just a hole... drivers side is mostly on it's way out...

roof around hinges (it's a hatch btw...)

brakes - need pads and discs but was hoping to change to better calipers.. got the carlton 2.2 discs ready tho...

both rear arches...

suspension...

passenger side rear light - brake lights still work...

indicator - front passenger side keeps going off and making it tick manicaly...

front end - got a spare one but needs fitting...

side lights don't work either....

petrol guage... possibly just the sender or earth as someone mentioned...

fuel line near petrol tank... i'll try to get that done by the garage so tha theres no fumes about...

timing... not got round to doing anything with that yet...[:I]

full respray!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

seriously though... as long as the MOT failure stuff is sorted then that's all that needs doing really...

oh... and i've got a set of engleman mirrors to fit too... but no rush for them...

you did ask!!

[:D]

You need to get the car somewhere insde to do all that, a back ally is not a good place to rip a car apart in a weekend, most of that stuff is not too bad, a couple of welders, a timing light and a portable emissions tester (got both) would do the motor, the lights and fuel gauge are no hassle, the only bits that would be out of scope would be painting but im sure it could be primed up round the mends.

Front end is not too bad a job either, its held on with surpisingly few spot welds !

If i bring my van i can sleep in it again, yay !!

Will have a look at how much room there could possibly be in my unit later today, a car will fit in but doesn't leave a lot of room to work, I will see what can be done here.

It would be ideal cos I've got metal forming equipment and metal and compressor etc. all here, and a couple of welders etc. The MIG is about shot it though but ok for short bursts i.e. could run it good for approx 1 hour.

My house not big enough for a lot of people but I have 3 tents all 4+ people that could be put up in back garden.

Also this could be a good central point due to the fact I'm just off J21 of the M1.

Don't want anyone to reply to this post that isn't 100% committed to do this, we either organise and commit ourselves or we don't.

I would say as per Paulmanta we need 5 Good people for this, my shortfall is wiring..

Looking at Hoose, we could have a spare bedroom sorted and big enough living room to accomodate anyway.

Hmmmm lots of thoughts coming to mind now of how things can be organized.

Doesn't look a great deal of work there, really no reason why this could not be done in a weekend. Including fitting the nose you have there too.

i'm not sure if i can make it yet....

only joking!!![:P][:P][:P]

there is hope for me yet!!

umm... just want to check... you did say 5 good people... are you including me in this????[:0][:0][:0][:0]

i'll try!!

can't wait!!! my car is gonna be good... though i've just realised i ain't checked the chassis at all... inly had it all done a couple o years back so it "should" be ok...

Count me in! If there are any bits you need Steve I'll load up my newly acquired sheddy hatch and, when all the hard work is done on your car, we can all stand around and see what my car will need doing the weekend after [:D]

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 198? GT/E hatch - building from a bare shell to factory spec

as I said I'm happy to come and hit the wiring and help on anything else but need a fair bit of warning as far as dates etc as I work shifts. Clive's would suit me a lot better as well due to living next to Brighton anything is up North, well, except Pauls! With a bit of warning on whats needed I suspect we might have bits to donate to ease the work along as well. Certainly put me down for the wiring, I'm happy to have a go at that, I can even read the Haynes wiring diagrams!!

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

how much should i bring beer wise???

I've a cost co membership so can get it on the cheap!! good selection too!!

seriously though... parts wise i think I've got most things... calipers and shocks are the main missing parts.... and sheet metal of course...

anything that does get supplied i'll either pay for with cash beer or pizza... your preference... and I'll make sure i bring plenty of beer to billing...

If anyone has some cheap calipers that will go with the carlton discs... i'll quite happily pay decent money for them... those alfa ones are looking a good bet but like you say chris the bits that are hard to get hold of would be a pain... i'll check with big red again...

shall i scrounge a camcorder or something and make a pimp my manta video??[:D][:D][:D]

everyone can take turns cause surely everyone can't do everything at once!![:P][:P]

I could post it on here or supply it with manta magic as a free gift!!!

I am on holiday in Greece from the 31st of may to the 14th of june, so that is out for me, after that more or less any weekend is ok, just let me know and i will load up and haul ass to help (hopefully at clives if its ok, its not a bad run to clives house from Cornwall, only 360 miles !!)

Bud and baccy !!

i'd agree with going to clives... if that's ok with clive... like you say you've got all the kit and it would be easier....

you can also get tabs from costco in sleeves... any requests?

would after billing be best for everyone?

oh yeah... snowy... are you the guy with the beach buggy that was at billing last year? just i've met everyone else (apart from andy t) before... just so i can put a face to the name!!

did i mention you all rock???[:D][:D][:P][:P]

B934RJA... soon to be pimped... and evil bay is bad for your health...

aaarrggghhh... it's all so confusung... no doubt i will meet you at some point... i'm trying to remember the a series that were there... didn't have a good enough look at them... damn...

B934RJA... soon to be pimped... and evil bay is bad for your health...

Only tools required would be the ones in your own toolkit as you know where you can put your hands on everything straight the way.

Also I only have one angle grinder so bringing your own would be useful.

My place is fine then.

Just need to arrange a date, confirm who's coming, and arrange what is going to be tackled, what parts would be needed, get all parts etc. and then meet up and get stuck in.