manta A project underway

upk

parted with some serious wedge today to procure throttle bodies and engine managment.

Sent my drawing to a local machine shop who will have my custom made anti roll bar lowering blocks with me by the weekend.

made up a complete exhaust sytem using the ashley 421 manifold and ashley 2.0 L GTE 2.25 inch back boxes.

I do believe the end is in sight.......... <!-- s:joy --><!-- s:joy -->

• 2 weeks later...

worked too late last night on this baby and ended up not sleeping cos my head was buzzing with manta jobs!!!!

needless to say i drilled the SBD manifold for the servo take off......................phewww , thank god no mistakes!!!

tonight i plumbed in the oil cooler, fitted the rad and did a bit more of the engine bay wiring .................all looking and working fine at the mo.

i see the light at the end of this long tunnel and i cant wait to fire this baby up!!!

but must stop now.new rule to myself, no work after 9pm on a school night.

keep watching!!!!

ps rules were made for breaking.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The end is in sight!!!

yep, its getting there, took her for a quick test run and boy am i happy!!!!

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

just a few bits to finish :-

bleed brakes

kick panels

badges

gearlever gaiter

new set of alloy wheels

and then off to the rolling road to get mapped!!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

been a while since my last post!

anyhow..................rolling road set up completed

and a very respectable 166bhp at the rear wheels!!!!

just a few bits required to finish, like badges etc, but where am i going to do my B series??

IMG_0777.jpg

looks like another project coming on??

IMG_0776.jpg

keep watching for the manta B project underway........................coming to a pc near you very soon!!

• 3 weeks later...

finally got round to putting the new rubber on the A series, new wheels and a couple of the badges, time to start enjoying using this baby now i think!!

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

and finally, just a word of thanks to everyone who gave me advice along the way.................especially my mate Richie , Simon Peckham and Diashag, cheers to all of you.

• 6 months later...

thanks for the comments guys, keep an eye out for Total Vauxhall mag, car will feature in the near future( not sure when yet).

if your interested see my latest project

manta b underway will i ever finish!!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 years later...
On 28/06/2006 at 21:55, upk said:

Well as promised here are a few pics of my very first Manta project. I have always admired the lines of the A series and have finally been seduced. some of you may recognise this car as it featured in july 2003 practical classsics magazine and as a show history. At this point let me apolagise to the previous owners who gain credit for this acolade because i intend to modify the car with an XE engine. Todate volvo 4 pots have been fitted and Xe has been dry fit. Currently a rollcage is being installed before suspension upgrade and then repaint preperation. More to follow as progress continues.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Amazing what you find when sifting through old posts. I remember this car very well. I took Frank to collect it when he first bought it. Original engine was seized and the front drivers wing was rotten. Frank replaced the engine with a spare we had, replaced the wing, quick respray and it was on the road. Hours we spent looking for original parts. Rear bumper over riders & rubber strip were difficult to find. Nice to see that it's still about but slightly upset that it was modified.

• Like 2