1979 Manta SRT.

Mlocke666

No pics as yet (its rusty and mingin') but I'll leave you all with a taster of the spec.

Independent rear end with LSD

Discs all round

Seam welded shell and 6 point roll cage

Turbo motor which WILL spin these babies up [:D]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0020452934

79 SRB coupe - anyone know what a B230FT is?, 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, Looking for a 1600 Manta derivative urgently!

• 1 month later...

100_0455.jpg

This is how it's been for 2 years. I bought 2 NOS wings and a roof skin at Billing and I'll be starting back on it soon now that I've got the donor car. I've booked the car in with Simon P next Autumn to have the independent rear suspension fitted, get the inner arches tubbed and a full respray. I'm also toying with the idea of getting the shell electrophoritically coated (the black primer that tinwork comes with) so it'll last forever.

79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 79 Cav saloon no.2 - 130hp PMC CIH on Rostyles, floppy suspension and standard brakes. YAAAAY!

That's the plan. 10x17s (5" dish) on the rear, 9x16s (4" dish) on the front. The wheels will be the only clue to what lies beneath.

79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 79 Cav saloon no.2 - 130hp PMC CIH on Rostyles, floppy suspension and standard brakes. Yakshimash.

• 7 months later...

Seeing as it was sunny today I decided to drag the SRT out of the garage and start trial fitting bits to see what mods I need to do after finishing the structural welding - only the chassis rails left now I think!

Kamei front splitter will be partially hidden by something called an intercooler. Some of you may have of heard of them. They make your engine go fast.

100_1577.jpg

9x16"s and 10x17"s will be tucked under the standard arches using an A series/SD1 hybrid rear axle and a lot of hammering

100_1576.jpg

Senator dash went in with a couple of mods. The top bit will be filled with good old fashioned round gauges, then door cards will be made to match and all trimmed in black/grey leather.

100_1575.jpg

Wide wheels [8D] The spoiler is an aftermarket item (RGM I think) and is nice cos it's quite subtle.

100_1574.jpg

The petrol filler will be in the boot hence the gaping hole. The roof was vinyl covered and is pitted all over so I've got a new skin to go on.

100_1573.jpg

Monster trucked [xx(]

100_1572.jpg

I'll probably stick with the Jade green rather than the black I had planned for it. After seeing Andy C's car I'm defo going to get it dipped and electro-coated.

100_1571.jpg

Engine plans have come on a bit. I've set my sights on something newer, all alloy and very tuneable. It's also cheap as chips.

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 'another interesting project', 1993 Senator 24v. Yakshimash.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers gents. I think Kamei have gone bust - couldn't find them on t'internet. It's a shame cos the Kamei splitter fits much better than the genuine GM one and it's lower [8D]

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 'another interesting project', 1993 Senator 24v. Yakshimash.

• 5 months later...

Just to tie this in with my thread in the 'Spare Parts Suppliers' section, I'm currently having prototype Kamei (see pics above) and GM front splitters made up. Anyone interested can email me for more info

OMOC #5826..... 1974 Renault 17 Gordini, 1979 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 1981 SRB coupe - sell or swap?, 1983 Renault 5 Gordini turbo, 1984 Renault 5 Le Car 2 Turbo 1985 Renault 4 Gordini Turbo, 1993 Senator 24v for sale, 1994 Senator 24v