V8 Coupe JUG 909V

winnj

Well i've been working on this all weekend

Not finished but i put the front back together loosely to see what she looked like

IMG_0050.jpg

Not to bad me thinks

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

Well after all this nice weather we've been having i thought i'd update the project thread with a few photos

100_1328.jpg

100_1329.jpg

100_1330.jpg

100_1331.jpg

100_1332.jpg

Overall i'm happy with the results. I'll be even happier when she passes the MOT

• 2 weeks later...

Wel....

After a few slight problems with the MOT, mostly because i'd missed little things under the car..

We're now road legal.

Done about 100 miles so far and the ride is on the firm side to say the least.

However the huge grin factor is accelerating in third, such a sweet noise from the V8

Roll on the weekend and the chance to do some more miles in her

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update.....

I'm about 500ish miles on from the MOT now. Drives great, loads of torque makes it a very lazy drive, that is unless you put your foot down. She proper shifts especially accelerating from 30mph in 3rd

I have however run into one slight problem. I was out the other day when and while braking the pedal hit the floor. managed to pump some life into the brakes before anything major happened. The car has been confined to the garage since.

Today i got some time to change the master cylinder. Decided i'd like a slightly larger bore to go with the bigger calibra calipers i have on the front.

I'm using a Golf GTI 2.0 16v 92-97 master cylinder. Its 22.2 bore instead of the 20.6 that was on. Rather a simple job in the end. Master cylinder just bolted up to the original mounts and all i had to do was shorten the push rod. Pedal feel is so much better now, its that different i'm annoyed i didn't notice the spongyness of the old cylinder.

The brake pedal gives a lot more confidence when pushing along on the b roads

Done about a 100 or so miles today and my face aches from grinning so much

Jonathan

The same thing happened to me the other summer - nice drive out big grin on face AHHH no brakes!!! scary or what especially when you are worried about damage to the car and not yourself. :o