Timmy's 16v hatchback . . progress at last !

opel2000

Well I posted some pics of my slightly rusty GTE Exclusive hatchback a while ago. It looks a lot better now, thought you people might like to see the pics of my progress (Got my own digi camera now ! [:D] )

Before . .

KIF_1157.jpg

Engine removed . .

enginebay1.jpg

And after . . [:)]

P9130005.jpg

Front suspension ( springs the right way up I hope, thanks guys for the tips ! ) . .

P9130004.jpg

And now the dirty great 16v Astra GTE engine thats going in it . . [8D]

P9130008.jpg

P9130009.jpg

P9130013.jpg

box1.jpg

What do ya think ? Any comments would be much appreciated ! [:)] ( I'm well pleased though ) [8D]

Cheers,

Tim (OMOC # 5996)

Nice sump and Gearbox[;)][;)][:D][:D][:D] (That'll get edited by the mods)

Shame about the Blue Samco, pretty damn sure I've seen some purple silicon hose, but can't think for the life of me who the supplier is,

at first I thought it was these http://www.viper-performance.co.uk

do like the black 'n' purple colour scheme

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

Cheers for the feedback chaps, to answer your question PeteM, no its just the engine bay thats black, I like doing them black so it shows off the pretty shiny bits on the engine, draws your attention to the important bits more i find-

The bodywork is Monaco blue, going to get my local knowledgable paint vendor to mix up the same colour, but with a bit more of a purple 'flip' to it, sort of goes a purpley colour when it catches the light already.

Hopefully it'll turn out how I'm imagining it to ! [:)]

Gonna get some 'Purple Headed Warrior' sunstrips made up too -

Or perhaps not! [;)][:o)]

Cheers,

Tim (OMOC # 5996)

Sorry to DP, but on the purple subject, I was having a party at the weekend in the yard where my garage is. Got talking about cars to a chap and his girlfriend- 'come and have a look at my engine' I say. 'Nice on mate, says the chap, gotta red-top in my Calibra'-Girlfriend looks all confused- 'But surely thats a purple top?' says she.

A few raised eyebrows and knowing glances were exchanged . . [;)]

Cheers,

Tim (OMOC # 5996)

quote:Originally posted by misterconyers

Sorry to DP, but on the purple subject, I was having a party at the weekend in the yard where my garage is. Got talking about cars to a chap and his girlfriend- 'come and have a look at my engine' I say. 'Nice on mate, says the chap, gotta red-top in my Calibra'-Girlfriend looks all confused- 'But surely thats a purple top?' says she.

A few raised eyebrows and knowing glances were exchanged . . [;)]

Cheers,

id="quote">id="quote">

Ha Ha, that's excellent LOL

Must agree that th black bay will pick out the shiny stuff nicely, lovely to see so much attention to detail, such as the purple anodised bolts on the cam cover etc.

• 1 month later...

The engine does look the part and I'm sure it will look well when its installed. On the purple bit with vauxhall [:I]. You could possibly think about a nice opel one. Blue would be nice [;)]

opelshop2007.jpg

Check this topic out in the for sale from Rab, if you want a nice opel one email lepo, [:)].........

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

V8banner.jpg

OMOC 5706