Project Scone 2

entwistlecymru

Right, this time I should be able to do it as this one's not rotten, needs a few bits but its already on the road [:)]

The SRi130 engine, 5 speed and the Axle from a different model[;)] will be getting fitted. I have a black 4 door interior and the mint Recaros will be going in, de chrome the doors etc, its a plastic bumper model so no chrome bumpers either, will be painting the gutter trim and amy other silver dark grey as the Mantas are, has a chin spoiler and will be getting a subtle boot spoiler.[8D]

Wheels will be whatever I can get hold of for now, its on Rostyles now but I have a mint set of silver GTE alloys with new tyres so they may get on for now.

I havent got it yet but soon it will be mine, Oh yes...It will be mine

Mick

OMOC 5924

smsp_65.gif

1980 Black Berlinetta Coupe

1980 Red Mk1 Cavalier

1981 Ascona On the way soon

I heard the seller may not want to sell now Mick. I think it was drinking petrol which got him annoyed with the car, but he's solved the problem and wouldn't part with it for the world. Of course I may be wrong [:D]

79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1981 Ascona Berlina S - what should I do with this one?

Best he goes back to plan A as I have decided I NEEEEEEEEEEED this car, if he decided to keep it what would I need to do to prise it from his grip?[:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

smsp_65.gif

1980 Red Mk1 Cavalier

1981 Ascona On the way soon

Right got it now and the work has started already, blue dash is out and will be getting some electrical work done, no wires for the clock or phone charger socket and the earth wire for the stereo was across the dash, under the door rubber and trapped by the interior light switch on the door post!!! [:D]

Gonna get the ATS fitted, black interior, 5 speed box and when I get round to it the SEH 8v with different axle and clocks.

Bodywork is pretty solid but looks a bit patchy due to spot touch ups with a can of silver, (any one will do) and applied with a small woodland creature.[:D]

Cheers to Chris, I love it, will be better soon.[8D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

smsp_65.gif

1980 Black Berlinetta Coupe FOR SALE (NEEDS WORK)

1981 Manta B just as Adam intended

1981 Ascona in need of modding...lots!

All the blooooo has gone, this seasons colour is black, blue was so 1982..[:D] Everything is black now, seats, carpet is black and grey fleck GL Cavalier along with the door linings, dashboard, B posts trim, steering wheel will black 3 spoke be when I can get the thing off..

Boot spoiler from the Orange B is now on along with the badges for now, easier than plugging all the holes...[:D]

Pics to follow...

Mick

OMOC 5924

smsp_65.gif

quote:steering wheel will black 3 spoke be when I can get the thing off
id="quote">id="quote">

You need a Sykes Pickavant steering wheel puller you do! Want me to bring it on Wednesday?

omoc 5660,Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep.

"Well I turn on the radio, but I don't like what they play"

quote:You need a Sykes Pickavant steering wheel puller you do! Want me to bring it on Wednesday?

id="quote">id="quote">

Please....[:)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

smsp_65.gif

I'm really likin' the look of the 'Scona. Even the 4 door. Id have to decrome it and make it look all modern like (see the Stilletto in retro if you don'y know what I mean).

And damn was that blue ugly.

OMOC 5885

quote:Originally posted by Rab

Awe shared mi birds thi last time and got moderated

id="quote">id="quote">

There isn't much chrome on it but what there is will be going, black door handles are on the way along with a black screen infill, the rear is nearly black on its own.

The badges will be changed to a single opel blitz on the other bootlid I have, the spoiler was just stuck on to see if it looked right, I think it goes with the black bumpers well so I'll probably use it after the paintjob.

The wheels will probably be spayed satin black and keep the rings for now, all the rest of the chrome trim will be satin black soon.

Mick

OMOC 5924

smsp_65.gif

hey hey great minds and all that. I reckon an Asona's the one thing I would get to replace the Manta.

With the SRi lump that should be a real weapon.

How about a Manta GT/E bootspoiler (still black) ?

OMOC 5885

quote:Originally posted by Rab

Awe shared mi birds thi last time and got moderated

id="quote">id="quote">

quote:How about a Manta GT/E bootspoiler (still black)
id="quote">id="quote">

Thats the plan, should have one on the way soon..[8D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

I kinda thought the blue was Ok[:I].

theres an ascona 400 rep spoiler on ebay at the moment. Not sure what the quality wouold be.

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way

Black grill kooks nicer than my grey one. silver with black trim looks far more classy than the blue, def improvement mick.

should look sweet when paint is done, SR steering wheel next?

chrisb

Thats one thing I like about it, the black grille, I painted the front tin behind it satin black today, after I took these photos...Will be getting a standard GTE 3 spoke but with SR centre horn push, more black...[8D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

Looking good Mick. Black and yet more black. I love it [8D] Black roof time? Maybe some slight tints including the lights? yum yum

79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 79 Cav saloon no.2 - 130hp PMC CIH on Rostyles, floppy suspension and standard brakes. YAAAAY!

I have trialed a bit of black on the outside. I have painted the gutter trim and door top window frames along with the inner parts of the door openings just to the glass level(Like a MK2 Cav SRi). Apart from the paint managing to fine some grease and go all blobby it looks ok, I'll be sorting it and doing a better job.

I did a bit of hammering round the rear light to get it to sit better in the rear panel for now, looks ok bit more work needed but its stopped the water getting in.

Thanks to 1900SR again for the steering wheel puller, I now have the GTE/SR Hybrid wheel, looks good, more black in there!![8D]

DSCI0645.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

Decided against the black window surrounds after a 2nd attemp went badly, washed down with thinners and it still went blotchy, must be reacting to the paint underneath as its only doing it where its rubbed through.

Did some of the Manual conversion today, got all the pedals and wiring sorted, clutch cable in there, will be on the ramp next week for the mucky stuff to be swopped..

I changed the dash top today as the old one was cracked and also swopped the clocks for a set that will give a correct speedo reading when I change the rear axle ratio next week.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

I swopped the axle today for an alternative ratio one, transfered the wheels cylinders from the original axle as the ones on the replacement were seized solid.

5 speed manual is now fitted, just need to modify the tunnel to be able to fit the gearbox up where it belongs and not touch the floor.

Fitted the 2.2 Carlton vented discs and Mintex M1144 pads with wider caliper yokes. Did the warm up and bedding in procedure and melted all the grease in the bearings, have to clean the wheels up and repack them with High melting point grease.

I'm going to use this one as a replacement for the Silver GTE Manta I had for Motorsport. I got hold of a set of Forest rally tyres as I'm going to be driving an Autotest next weekend...on wet grass, it will be used for some local motor club events, Scatters, Road Rallying etc, blatting about at night reading Maps, great fun.

Still need to build the rest of the SEH 8V and get the tank sorted for Injection then fit that too, should be pretty quick with all the mods. Ideal for Midnight Motorsport.[:)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg