Original Manta B *New photos added*

Just a few photos of the Manta I just got, now its in bed for winter out of the weather. Hope to do some mechanical work on it over the next few months and start the bodywork prep next year and hopefully have it ready for Billing..needs a bit of welding and a repair or replacement scuttle panel, the rest is pretty good, full paintjob when its all done.[8D]

DSCI0620.jpg

DSCI0621.jpg

DSCI0623.jpg

DSCI0622.jpg

All wrapped up for a while now..

DSCI0624.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

smsp_65.gif

1980 Black Berlinetta Coupe FOR SALE (NEEDS WORK)

1981 Manta B just as Adam intended

1981 Ascona in need of modding...lots!

That's what mine used to look like. Now it looks like this:

100_0456.jpg

The only thing that's getting me through is the imaginary whoosh of a turbo and 10" wide wheels going around in my head.

79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 79 Cav saloon no.2 - 130hp PMC CIH on Rostyles, floppy suspension and standard brakes. YAAAAY!

• 5 months later...

This will be heading for an MOT soon, will have to just do the few bits and get it on the road as it is. I need a car and this is the nearest to being on the road.

The planned restoration will have to wait as I dont have the money now after splitting with the wife [}:)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

quote:Originally posted by Mick

The planned restoration will have to wait as I dont have the money now after splitting with the wife [}:)]

id="quote">id="quote">

What is the plan? Keeping original, few mods or are you thinking transplants? I've got to admit, I've really got a taste for b-series now (previously Exclusives and later hatches). Also, aren't there a lot of us in the club including myself having (or had) 'marital difficulties'? Although I still had the emotional and financial burdens of it all, I really feel for you guys with kids, that must be hard!

Anyway, I hope the MOT doesn't turn up any nasty surprises and you do this car proud [;)].

Heck Mick that is a damn good looking B.

As for no money after splitting with the other half, I know exactly what you mean, my cash has now all gone[:(][:(][:(]

Worst of it was, missus turned up today and I went to swap her spare over due to bulge in front tyre, and spare was shagged.

So I looked at other tyres, all crap.

So jumped in her Corsa and got a set of BFG's fitted all round for £140

And that bottomed me out. Can't have her driving my kids around on sh1te tyres.

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

No mods, just a Chin spoiler if I get a bit of paint to match it. Will be good to get an old one back on the road.[8D]

I know what you mean Clive, would have got woonang 100% telfon tyres otherwise..[:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

So far I have cut the paint back and polished it up, not worried about the few rusty bits at the moment, the shiny bits make up for it. bit of welding to the sills and a clutch to fit, not much else wrong as far as I know... will see when I get into it properly.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

Dont be gutted, its gonna be out over summer as it deserves. It looks much better now just for a cut and polish, even with a few rusty bits its shiny and I like it..[8D]

Be better than it sat under a sheet waiting getting families of spiders and other random bugs living in it[:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

quote:Originally posted by opel2000

Thought you said you were gonna be cutting the paint back and giving it a bit of a polish.

Lazy bast, when are you gonna clean the poor thing up then[?][:)][:D][8D][;)]

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

id="quote">id="quote">

they must be the "before" pictures yuk! yuk! [:P]

OMOC 5885

Yeah suppose I'd better wash it as its so filthy [:D]

The wheels are as they were, have been sprayed in the past so look good, The 2 front tyres were brand new Firestones when I got it, the Black B I had also had a pair of them on brand new so I kept them and have put them on this, all 4 tyres new and the same..Thats a first for me!!![:D]

Done the lecky faults, O/S headlamp not working, some bad connections to the rear lights and thats it, few small bits of welding and a Clutch it'll be ready to test.[8D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a dodgy patch that made me put the car up for sale but I managed to get the problem sorted and keep the car. [:)]

I have the rear axle off for some repairs on the rear chassis rails where the springs fit and also as the axle spring seats had rotted out so fitting a replacement. Several holes along the inner sill to patch up and get it sorted as it has an MOT booked for tuesday morning so here we go again with many hours work to get an MOT by a deadline. [:D]

Should get the work done over the weekend few jobs to do..

Welding

Voltage regulator

Re-seal bead on a rear tyre

Fit speakers CD Changer and head unit

Fit interior door pockets

Repair wires to the horn

Clean up and refit rear axle

Fit new rear brakes

Spray arches and underside in black waxoyl

Not too much but all being well it'll be done without rushing too much [:D][:D][:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe