exclusive coupe

BLACK-GTE

This is exactly what I want, but now wasnt a good time, no money, 2 Mantas, 1 Ascona, 1 '60's Landrover 1 '60's Caravan all needing work plus a Day job would leave me no time to do it..[:D]

Good luck sorting it, shame to see an Exclusive loose its identity but at least its a Manta saved and on the road soon..

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1980 Black Berlinetta Coupe

1981 Manta B just as Adam intended

1981 Ascona in need of modding...lots!

HMMM... I tried to buy this one but distance got in the way[:(].

I'm happy tho as you seem to be going to restore it and I would have broken it.

I hope it gets saved[^]

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way

Dont plan to touch her till next year but i will get the engine running so its easier to move about. It needs a fair amount of welding wont know how much till i remove the wings and interior. Good thing is that its a complete car also the roof is not that bad.

Sad thing is theres another exclusive near me that the owner says they are going to do up but its just sat on there drive going rusty. It was in a garage nice and dry but there sons dodge charger is now parked in the garage[8D]

ANDY/OMOC-5980F

D330 HYU mantasite.jpg

Well atleast i now know the engine runs ok. Reconected the fuel lines new battery fresh fuel cranked her for about 30seconds and she fired up[8D] Had a quick look at the floor well i say floor what i should say is had quick look at my drive through the hole in the floor[:o)]

ANDY/OMOC-5980F

D330 HYU mantasite.jpg

That looks very similar to my old exclusive (except mine was much better condition). The reason I say it looked just like mine is that some A hole crashed into it one night and I ended up with a dent just like yours on the same door. Luckily it didn't damage any other part of the car so I just changed the door. Bit of a pain getting the doors pins out though!!!

• 6 months later...

"its alot worse than i first thought"

There's no need to repeat yourself. You said it was an Exclusive in your original post...[:o)][8D]

Seriously though, it's good to see someone else getting cracking on a project. I keep doing bits to my 1.8 SEH hatch thingy (nothing worth posting on here at the moment) and it's seeing other folks like yourself getting stuck in too that inspires me to get off here and out into the garage once in a while.

Good luck, and we'll await the piccies with anticipation.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Hi Joe, to be fair its more a case now i have started it i will finish it(part of me wish,s i had,nt)there,s just so much that needs welding. The good thing is that this time im doing the alot of the welding myself after a friend showed me the basics of welding[8D]. will try to get some pic,s 2moro[:)]

• 3 weeks later...

have to save it[:D]F plate exclusive 1989 not many left. It is in quiet a bad way some parts are being totally removed but some parts can only be boxed in with new steel. Been welding six days a week for 3hrs at a time for the last 3 weeks[:o)]I must be mad

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Paint looks fantastic, and good job on the welding. Can't believe how solid mine is compared to that, considering mines a similar age (August 88)

And I've always liked the red decals with the Monaco blue, really lifts what can be quite a dull colour.

• 2 weeks later...

mmm billing sadly no! Not sure if im taking the black one either yet!

Have fitted the screens back in now! should have the doors on next week

if i can get inspired to do it :brick ,

I,v got a 400 bonnet which i plan to graft over the steel frame of the old bonnet. which im thinkin of havin black?

• 8 months later...