New Vinyl

kenny dock

Well after a long time worrying, I finally got my car into a workshop who sourced an 'old timer' to get a new Vinyl roof refitted.

There was a lot of bubbling under the 34 year old stuff which had peeled from the trim. The fear was setting in about repair costs. Got it back today after a week in Glasgow. It had been with one of the only guys left in the area who was confident in his abilities. His quotes for example

"al be deed when this needs dun again wee man"

"ah used tae dae thees fur a laff"

All I can say is what a job he done, well chuffed. Its great there is still some of these guys about. Here's some pics

http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/kennydock1/library/new%20manta%20pics?sort=3&page=1

Kenny

Smiffy, this was entirely your fault!! I was looking round your car at NEC. The roof on yours was looking good and i was getting jelous! hence its now done. Simon was telling me about the labour involved. Paul i ended up paying £750 for the job. i dont think thats to bad considering windows in and out, materials, labour etc.

kenny

• Like 1

Smiffy, this was entirely your fault!! I was looking round your car at NEC. The roof on yours was looking good and i was getting jelous! hence its now done. Simon was telling me about the labour involved. Paul i ended up paying £750 for the job. i dont think thats to bad considering windows in and out, materials, labour etc.

kenny

Looks great Kenny are you keeping the car now i seem to remember seeing it for sale recently? Have to agree on Smiffys green B series i loved seeing at the NEC show lovely car and one of the highlights of my weekend along with David Buckles Gte coupe! :D

dave, to be honest im a tight arse! every time theres a thought of spending more BIG money on the car i get the fear. I panic and think about selling it. But every time i improve the car i grow much more fond of it. its a feckin catch 22. But ive now got big jobs done without a hassle I realise that this car turns many more heads than any Porsche I realise that im lucky to have it!! it really does drive like a 24000 miler like like it is. I got a call today asking if its still for sale and the answer was ehhhhrmmmm NO ITS NOT.

• Like 2

dave, to be honest im a tight arse! every time theres a thought of spending more BIG money on the car i get the fear. I panic and think about selling it. But every time i improve the car i grow much more fond of it. its a feckin catch 22. But ive now got big jobs done without a hassle I realise that this car turns many more heads than any Porsche I realise that im lucky to have it!! it really does drive like a 24000 miler like like it is. I got a call today asking if its still for sale and the answer was ehhhhrmmmm NO ITS NOT.

Glad to hear it! :D Hopefully i'll get to see it at one of the shows next year :)