1986 Manta Gte Project £800, Scotland

biffy1984

Due to the purchase of a MK2 Granada I've decided to sell one of my Mantas.

I bought the car about 6 months ago with the intention of it being a project this winter but my plans have changed.The car has been off the road since 2005 and only came to Shetland a year ago. It's been dry stored till a few months ago.

The car hadn't been started for a couple of months till the other night when I took it to my garage to get photos. It started first time, didn't even need jumpleads. It has 36000 miles on the clock and although there is no history to prove it I believe the milage to be genuine. The engine is perfect, as is the gearbox and axle, no whines at all. I drove it 5 miles the other night with not even a splutter and it and although the shocks are a bit bouncy it feels really tight on the road.

So to confirm what welding the car needs... It needs front wings replaced, inner wing mounting rails, full sills, front jacking points and a bit on each chassis leg behind the jacking points. Lower back quarter repair panels and back arches. Although the arches look pretty bad it's just the lip thats crusty and the rust creeping up the arch is just flakey.

The front panel is good, a bit of surface rust, bonnet, scuttle panel, doors, bootlid, back valance and roof are all excellent (not even a mark of rust around the sunroof). Small scab below the boot lock and a couple of scabs on the doors, none of it is holes. Floorpans are very good, boot floor is very good, no welding required. Door posts are also fine.

Axle and front subframe light surface rust/flakey but all solid. Inner back arches are excellent so it is just the outers needing repaired.

The interior light brown/tan and is in superb condition, infact I think you would struggle to find better.

I would love to do this car myself but really can't justify keeping it along with all my other cars.

I'm looking for £800 for the car, I just want back what I paid for it.

I've probably forgotten loads buts heres some pics. My number is 07787947279.

Cheers

Peter.

Forgot to say, the car is in the Shetland isles so it will not be possible for anybody to view the car but if someone wants close up pics of any particular bit I will do my best to help. Oh and I will deliver the car to the Aberdeen Harbour for collection free of charge.

GranadaTrooperetc019.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc020.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc021.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc022.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc023.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc024.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc025.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc026.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc027.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc028.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc029.jpg

GranadaTrooperetc030.jpg