Hello From Oxford

Philbut

Hello all

Just joined up a day or so ago and thought i'd say hello. Names Phil, and I'm based over in Oxford. I don't actually own a Manta (yet, its on the list though) but I do have an engine from a GTE to put in one of my bedford CF vans (I have three, all running different conversions). Also into my bikes, had all sorts but mostrly sports stuff like the Fireblade / ZX7R etc. Currently on a ZZR1100.

The plan with the van is to get the subframe form a late CF (which also uses the 2.0 CIH engine in low compression form) and slot it into my 1977 camper, that way i can get disk brakes and more power when coupled with the GTE engine. Plan is to try it out first and then do a full engine strip / rebuild if it works well in the van. I won't be looking to tune the engine, as i'm more after reliability than out and out speed - it doesn't handle well enough for that!

I have never been one for fuel injection so I'm looking forward to having a much about and learning a bit as I go along - want to try and keep the FI system in the first instance, but also have a manifold to fit a twinchoke Weber.

WANTED - GTE thermostat housing, mine is broken at the lug and too far gone to be repaired

The van

P1010354.jpg

• 4 weeks later...