The Hunt Is On! Clutch Plate ...

Blockhead

After getting my engine and box out of the rotten Astra and splitting them, I find that due to a lightened flywheel part has also been recessed for the size of the standard clutch - 215mm diameter.

I'd rather not have any more work done on it but equally well would prefer to use the lightened flywheel....

So getting to my question - I have found that some Astra GTE 8v had a 215mm diameter, 14 spline clutch plate. Can anybody help me define which ones they were exactly?

Could be another intermediate clutch anybody could use..

After getting my engine and box out of the rotten Astra and splitting them, I find that due to a lightened flywheel part has also been recessed for the size of the standard clutch - 215mm diameter.

I'd rather not have any more work done on it but equally well would prefer to use the lightened flywheel....

So getting to my question - I have found that some Astra GTE 8v had a 215mm diameter, 14 spline clutch plate. Can anybody help me define which ones they were exactly?

Could be another intermediate clutch anybody could use..

I have a cluch listing and cant see any astras using a 215mm dia plate with 14 spline. The 1.8 and 2.0i carlton did though if that helps.

Ah ha! Sounds good, cheers for that.

I think the foreign Astras might have been the ones fitted with the clutch I'm after whereas ours had a 200mm 24 spline for the gearbox although I'm not certain.

There's no reason I can't use a Carlton friction plate with an Astra cover plate is there?