Seat Belt Woes

Mort

Hi folks,

just looking for a bit of advice. I've just come to swap out the front seat belts in my Manta B Hatch from the three point harness that was in (need it to be a family car), and also fit some rear seat belts - and come across a couple of problems I need some help on. I've checked the forum and couldn't find anything on front seat belts, and the stuff I found on the rear belts was helpfull but didn't really anwser my question. Also looked in the Haynes manual and there is no sight of seat belts in there at all, which I thought was odd.

Fronts:

The actual unit has gone in ok and I think I have the top mount in the correct configuration, but my problem lies with the bottom mount near the doors - I don't seem to have a bracket for bolting anything to, it's just the end of the belt folded over and stitched (as if the bracket has been cut off), but I do have a spangly shiney piece of long bar extra that I don't know where it is used. Could anyone take some pictures of their seat belt mounting points (top and two bottom ones - don't need the one of the unit inside the bodywork), or alternatively, could I come and take a ganders at someone's car in the northwest - maybe at the next meet, but sooner if possible?

Rears:

Bought the set of rears from someone off here a while ago, can't remember off the top of my head, but the problem I have is that there are two mounting points under the rear seat (which currently have the tail end of the three point harness bolted to them), and going off the forum article that has some pictures of installing the belts these are correctly located. Stuck on how to describe this, the bit that the seat belt clicks into - don't know what it's called - isn't like in the photos where it is the unit connected to a belt which has a bracket for bolting to the car - this is just units together with just a metal bracket stork kind of thing. The belts click in but it seems to be like this locking unit should be off something else.

Again, could someone clarify for me with either pictures or a visit?

Much appreciated folks,

Terry.

Hi folks,

just looking for a bit of advice. I've just come to swap out the front seat belts in my Manta B Hatch from the three point harness that was in (need it to be a family car), and also fit some rear seat belts - and come across a couple of problems I need some help on. I've checked the forum and couldn't find anything on front seat belts, and the stuff I found on the rear belts was helpfull but didn't really anwser my question. Also looked in the Haynes manual and there is no sight of seat belts in there at all, which I thought was odd.

Fronts:

The actual unit has gone in ok and I think I have the top mount in the correct configuration, but my problem lies with the bottom mount near the doors - I don't seem to have a bracket for bolting anything to, it's just the end of the belt folded over and stitched (as if the bracket has been cut off), but I do have a spangly shiney piece of long bar extra that I don't know where it is used. Could anyone take some pictures of their seat belt mounting points (top and two bottom ones - don't need the one of the unit inside the bodywork), or alternatively, could I come and take a ganders at someone's car in the northwest - maybe at the next meet, but sooner if possible?

Rears:

Bought the set of rears from someone off here a while ago, can't remember off the top of my head, but the problem I have is that there are two mounting points under the rear seat (which currently have the tail end of the three point harness bolted to them), and going off the forum article that has some pictures of installing the belts these are correctly located. Stuck on how to describe this, the bit that the seat belt clicks into - don't know what it's called - isn't like in the photos where it is the unit connected to a belt which has a bracket for bolting to the car - this is just units together with just a metal bracket stork kind of thing. The belts click in but it seems to be like this locking unit should be off something else.

Much appreciated folks,

Terry.

Hi folks,

Fronts:

Rears:

Much appreciated folks,

Terry.

Hi Terry,

the bar you speak of goes into a hole just in front of the rear seat on the floor. you thread the seatbelt on to it first and poke the bar into the hole and secure it with a hex bolt at the other end behind the door through the carpet and into the cill . i would love to show you a pic but my car is away getting fixed. feel free to call if you need some advice/help 07789937943 blink.gif

Hi Terry,

the bar you speak of goes into a hole just in front of the rear seat on the floor. you thread the seatbelt on to it first and poke the bar into the hole and secure it with a hex bolt at the other end behind the door through the carpet and into the cill . i would love to show you a pic but my car is away getting fixed. feel free to call if you need some advice/help 07789937943 blink.gif

Nice on, sussed the fronts, thanks for your help bud.

Anyone else any thoughts on the rear belts?

Cheers,

Terry.

• 1 month later...

MantaDoc - sorry for the lack of response, just been mega busy. The piccy you posted looks like what I was expecting to find.

Right, here are two pics of what I've got. First one, front seat belt clips - look correct to me, buy hey I could be wrong (you can just make out the long thin steel out of the back of it bolted into the transmission tunnel:

frontseatbelt.jpg

Next up is the thing that I got for the rear seat belts (I agree that they look like front storks, but must be off something else like an Astra or something as you wouldn't have them both bolted into one side):

rearseatbelt.jpg

One of the fronts has since broken on me so I'll be posting in the parts needed section anyway for those.

Again, any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Terry.