Gt/j Rear Spoiler

discodas

Hi,

I was wondering do any of you have or know of someone, that can help in my quest?

Looking for the small plastic brackets that secure the rear quater spoilers bits to the manta.

I am retoring my wife's GT/J and it would appear I have misplaced them!!!, also the small rubber with plastic insert that live in the door top just next to the window glass that are secured with a little screw mine have perished:(

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Disco

Ps we live in Denbighshire North Wales

You can get the rubber window/door corner things from Germany, but they're a bit pricey for what they are. I'm going to order a couple soon (I'm doing a resto on a GTJ too :D ) and could get yours at the same time and we may save on shipping? They're about £25 plus shipping :o but you get LH and RH rubber inserts, the white plastic bits and screws. I'll be ordering them next month so let me know.

As for the spoiler plastic jobs, I may have a pair of them on the deck at my workshop. I'm planning on leaving the spoiler off and when I removed it just threw all the securing stuff over my shoulder! If I can find them I'll let you know, but can't promise.

Rick.

Hi Rick.

That would be fantastic, please could you order a set for me and let me know how much to P&P and how's best to get the £ over to you?

Is their a german Web site that you use, and how do you find out what's avalible as I may need some other small bits?

And if you do come across thoses spoiler bits that will also be much appriciated :thumbup one other question how big is the opel badge on the front grill external diameter and internal diameter, forgot to measure then sanded is down :mellow: many thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Disco

You can get the rubber window/door corner things from Germany, but they're a bit pricey for what they are. I'm going to order a couple soon (I'm doing a resto on a GTJ too :D ) and could get yours at the same time and we may save on shipping? They're about £25 plus shipping :o but you get LH and RH rubber inserts, the white plastic bits and screws. I'll be ordering them next month so let me know.

As for the spoiler plastic jobs, I may have a pair of them on the deck at my workshop. I'm planning on leaving the spoiler off and when I removed it just threw all the securing stuff over my shoulder! If I can find them I'll let you know, but can't promise.

Rick.

I assume you mean one of the vinyl opel blitz badges? I have a reproduction one which is 'almost' spot on. 108mm outside diametre 82mm internal diametre but bear in mind the two rings are 4mm thick. Depends of course if your other halfs car has had a different badge stuck on as I've seen a lot of variations and some of the earlier GTE's and 1.8s had metal badges.

Good news, I found what I believe are the spoiler jobbies. I also found the small mushroom shaped ones with the little screws to include, but don't have the screws for the plastic thingies. You can have these as they would have eventually been swept away with the dust on my floor of my asbestos filled workshop :blink: .

Yes the rubber things are from a German company, I'll try to find their site but I know there's those rubber door/window seals and one other manta item only (can't remember but it's something far less useful), plus it in German. They actually make them and aren't GM parts and they have items for all sorts of makes and marques. This month has been particularly expensive and next month I've got to spend at least £700 on my chevy, so it'll be at least until my next payday (midmonth) before I order, I hope that's okay for you? I can send you the spoiler jobbies before hand if you need them a bit sharpish.

Edited by Rick-Manta

Righto, the shipping on the rubber door seals is 12 euros, only 2 euros more buying three kits than it is to buy one! Still, doesn't really help as each kit with the shipping divided is about 30 reichsmark.. ..I mean euros, whatever that is in real money.. ...I mean pounds :lol:

Also, the other item I mentioned they did are the rubber inserts that hold the hinges on the rear quarter windows on a coupe. They are prone to falling out so these are an improved version, as are the door seals which won't rot away. I only forgot what they are as I'm more of a fan of the manta hatchbacks.

Hi Rick, many thanks for the info, please could you either give me your tel number so I can give you our address or call me on 07887 600097.

I assume you mean one of the vinyl opel blitz badges? I have a reproduction one which is 'almost' spot on. 108mm outside diametre 82mm internal diametre but bear in mind the two rings are 4mm thick. Depends of course if your other halfs car has had a different badge stuck on as I've seen a lot of variations and some of the earlier GTE's and 1.8s had metal badges.

Good news, I found what I believe are the spoiler jobbies. I also found the small mushroom shaped ones with the little screws to include, but don't have the screws for the plastic thingies. You can have these as they would have eventually been swept away with the dust on my floor of my asbestos filled workshop :blink: .

Yes the rubber things are from a German company, I'll try to find their site but I know there's those rubber door/window seals and one other manta item only (can't remember but it's something far less useful), plus it in German. They actually make them and aren't GM parts and they have items for all sorts of makes and marques. This month has been particularly expensive and next month I've got to spend at least £700 on my chevy, so it'll be at least until my next payday (midmonth) before I order, I hope that's okay for you? I can send you the spoiler jobbies before hand if you need them a bit sharpish.

Aw, sorry that's some sad news. My condolences to you and your family and I'll keep those bits aside for whenever you need them as I'm sure the car will take a back seat for now.

Best regards, Rick.

Thank you, need to work on manta as it keeps me going and I need to finish so that I can move it from his workshop where I kept it!.

Will keep in touch.

Many Thanks for your help so far.

Disco

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had my wages in 'kerching', so will be ordering a couple of those door/window corner seal things in the next couple of days. If you still need one please let me know, I still have the spoiler end piece thingies put by too.

Thanks,

Ricky.