Petrol Tank

Hi all

My name is Richard Boyle, I live in Jersey Channel Islands.

I have a 1983 Opel Manta GTE 2L which I am trying to restore. The body work and engine are immaculate with only 32k on the clock, it has been on stands for the last 15 years.

I have taken the fuel tank out to renew the breathing pipes. I took photograps of all the connecting breathers to enable myself to put it back together but I unfortunately have lost my phone with all the pictures on it.

I have the Haynes manual but it is not detailed enough I am therefore after some photos of the top and bottom view or some assistance if anyone can help.

As soon as the car is up and running I will happily upload some pics.

Cheers

Rick

Welcome aboard, Richard. If it's a coupe tank (behind the back seat), the breather layout is pretty simple. Breather pipe runs between the two small outlets, top left corner and top right corner. A T-piece then comes off this run at the midpoint, just where the steel return pipe enters the top centre of the tank. The tubing from this T-piece runs to the left, along the top of the tank, is clipped down the left hand side, clipped along the bottom of the tank and exits through the floor and into a chassis section at bottom right of tank. All as viewed from inside the boot. As well as replacing the rubber breather tubing, make sure you clean out the steel return pipe from the filler neck as I've known these to be blocked. I've just done these tubes but didn't take photos. Cheers. John.

Hi all

My name is Richard Boyle, I live in Jersey Channel Islands.

I have a 1983 Opel Manta GTE 2L which I am trying to restore. The body work and engine are immaculate with only 32k on the clock, it has been on stands for the last 15 years.

I have taken the fuel tank out to renew the breathing pipes. I took photograps of all the connecting breathers to enable myself to put it back together but I unfortunately have lost my phone with all the pictures on it.

I have the Haynes manual but it is not detailed enough I am therefore after some photos of the top and bottom view or some assistance if anyone can help.

As soon as the car is up and running I will happily upload some pics.

Cheers

Rick