Opel Manta B Coupe. Early Original/ Gte/ Sensibly Modified, Etc. Why?

safeman

I am a mature, genuine car enthusiast, owning many Manta B - coupes only. Last one, twenty years ago. On a nostalgia trip, but I really would love a top condition/concours car. Cash waiting. Scotland but will travel for the right car. £7000 max.

• Like 1

I am a mature, genuine car enthusiast, owning many Manta B - coupes only. Last one, twenty years ago. On a nostalgia trip, but I really would love a top condition/concours car. Cash waiting. Scotland but will travel for the right car. £7000 max.

Hello. again.

Hope yae find yin all thi best rab below mi auld bus.

270340_199662046750741_429586_n.jpg

269885_199665613417051_7160357_n.jpg

263400_199665693417043_7994630_n.jpg

If yur ever passing drap in onitime.

cheers rab.

• Like 1

Hi Rab,

I know your old clunker quite well, admired on many occasions. Your buddies orange car again I must have seen it out and about the last 20 years plus?? Nice, nice car! 200's were always a favourite of mine though, quite a special Manta. Where and when did you get your car?

Funny how 20 years vanish, you go through many stages of life but somehow go back to what you know and now want again!! Funny old game!! Strange to think how rare they are getting and at a guess about to rocket in value?!? Kicking myself a bit about Dons car, timing could not have been worse.

Tell you two things, your car looks as straight and square as you could ever get!! How about a set of mini light replica alloys?? Lovely I think, powder coat them white??

Hi Rab,

I know your old clunker quite well, admired on many occasions. Your buddies orange car again I must have seen it out and about the last 20 years plus?? Nice, nice car! 200's were always a favourite of mine though, quite a special Manta. Where and when did you get your car?

Funny how 20 years vanish, you go through many stages of life but somehow go back to what you know and now want again!! Funny old game!! Strange to think how rare they are getting and at a guess about to rocket in value?!? Kicking myself a bit about Dons car, timing could not have been worse.

Tell you two things, your car looks as straight and square as you could ever get!! How about a set of mini light replica alloys?? Lovely I think, powder coat them white??

Got i200 over thirteen years ago now, rebuilt over three years at mi hoose got as rolling shell and all the bits in boxes, have known of this i200 near on thirty year and has full history from 1st owner to me.

Mini light look good but car all original even those ST Sport Compomotives an option at the time. I had thought you might have been the new owner Don`s Manta have known thi car for longer than I can remember and no expense spared on its up keep, stunning manta.

There is a nice hatch on e - bay at the moment and wullies xe for sale needs some work to finish as stated in add worth a look.

cheers rab.

Hi Rab,

They always say everyday is a school day!!!! Had no idea about the wheels!!!! Maybe I should go to specsavers. Anyway with the condition of the roads....? Maybe keep your original wheels good. I am all for originality though. Excellent story/history.

Really kicking myself about Dons car. A personal issue arose and his car had to be put on the back burner. My exact wording to him, " I love this car "!!

Is it defo sold, or has he had a change of heart? Wouldn't blame him.

If it is sold, maybe the new owner might be prepared to part with it for more money?

Whoevers or whatever's car I end up with I can guarantee its going to a good home.

Cheers, Martin

• 1 month later...

Hi Rab, Hope all is well with you? How is the snow? Thank you for the update on Dons car. If I am honest, feel gutted about that one! However the tax man is now paid, after he moved the previously agreed terms!! So funding almost back in place. I will wait for the right car, might take a wee whiley but, no rush! Going to make the attempt at the Billing show this year, pack my waders I think, after the pics I from last year. Going to Germany, Essen classic car show 2013, in my opinion the best in Europe, I highly recommend this. Dates are about the middle of April. Thank you for the link. All the best, Martin.