Newbie From York Wants Manta

kby100

hi all just on the look out for a manta must be a b coupe , thats hopefully in decent nick ,willing to take on a project at the right price providing its not in a right state, any help would be greatfull, ive got a buget of around 2,000 which aint a lot but its more than most , did try and tap mick up about his berlineta but he wanting around the 3000 mark so out of reach with that one, then e mailed a guy regarding a gte in holmeforth but sadly that was just out reach of the buget too, well im trying arnt i any info guys im in york if thears any members over this neck of the woods would love to hear from you , cheers kev.

• 2 weeks later...

willing to look in to a c coupe as well, budget gone up to 2500 any ideas !!!!!!!!!!! just wanting a base car to hopefully performe a 400r converstion on at some point.

This car supposedly sold on eBay back in February for £2500 in what appeared to be one of the worst cases of price fixing ever as it appeared on done deal over in Ireland a week later using the same photos (as spotted by stradacab).

As far as I'm aware it's still for sale but for a much reduced price of £1470.

I don't think they want to advertise it back over here cos then everyone will know they tried to falsify the price and they'll look a right set of hustling c**ts.

Unfortunately the sale also influenced what price the guy in south wales wanted for his gold 1.8 berlinetta coupe hence it not selling on eBay on numerous occasions.

So if you want a good base car, non sunroof coupe in fairly good condition all things considered and don't mind bringing it back from Ireland then here you go (full club rep inspection report available in eBay ads section, about page 3 or 4 under 1.8 barn find).

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/vintagecars-for-sale/opel-manta/6506452