Promenade stages

Yes you should!. We are all members so you should come and have a chat and enjoy the day.

The i200 belonged to Geoff Twist, the Vauxhall/Opel livered coupe was Ian Hills and the 400 was mine Ian Goacher. Ther were other club members there but not in Mantas.

Did you enjoy watching Jim Carruthers in his Andrews replica?.

No 3677 10yr member

Driving the Legend .

He was alright Unfortunately with so many 6R4's around, it's difficult to be inspired by any else. He could do with a proper exhaust on it. It was scrapping on the ground! I was in service having a nose around after his dry sump tank had rust proofed the boot. There was another Manta rally car owner there but I never got his name. We were both having a look at the rear end. It's got an Ford Atlas with coil overs. Must cause a bit of a problem as regards spare rims. It appears to be Commodore 5 stud at the front and Ford 4 stud at the rear.

Well considering the field was 89 strong at the start and some of the machinery had far much more finance in than Jim's, 24th place sounds like a good day out to me. He was using a different gearbox and he said he was getting better drive out of the corners which reflected in the finishing position. At one time he was in 15th but made a couple errors which cost time. I've just had a mail from him and he was well chuffed with that place considering he's never finished the event before.

At the end of the day nobody was going to catch Price and Stone in there 6R4's they were bloody awesome, I beleive Price is 65!!!. Credit where credit's due those 2 guys put on a great show for the fans. 3 seconds between them says it all, I think that was about 90ft.

What a great day out.

No 3677 10yr member

Driving the Legend .

Yes, Price is ancient, but his wife is rather nice

I was sat in Chris Wise's 6R4, car 21. It's a bit of a tight fit for me, I'm 6'5", and Chris is only slightly shorter. Full throttle requires a toe. Any more of your foot and the bulkhead gets in the way.