Front Hubs And Discs....which To Use?

sean999

just forward planning a bit for my project. currently have a mk1 cav coupe. this is currently stripped and on a roll over jig. question is, having taken the thing apart, i have considered upgrading the front discs, and most possibly the hubs while i am at it.

i am not doing this because i want to run 5 stud hubs, just that something may be out there that does a better job that what came from the factory.

i currently have manta gte alloys to go on the car, but may go upto 15 inch wheels at a later date. the car is going to be dropped 60mm on shortened shocks and springs. my current discs are 245 mm diameter and i am not really certain as to how big, or what discs will fit behind the wheels. i have heard stories/threads where people have spoke about vectra discs being fitted. my car comes with 2 pot calipers, but solid discs....i'm thinking vented may be better but haven't seen any for sale anywhere.

with regards hubs......and i aint a mechanic.. but i think i am correct in saying what ever i do fit has got to be for a rear wheel drive car as front wheel drive are different??

thoughts and advice please.....just dont take the pi#~ out of my mechanical none know how

sean999