Borbet A

mantacrazy22

Hi Matt,

The 9x16's are pretty much always et15, they will physically bolt on no problem being 4x100 for vw/bmw e30. But im unsure of the opel center bore, the vw center bore is 57.1mm, but im sure wherever you buy them from can supply the spigot rings to suit. Or they are probably available on ebay etc.

Also it's been mentioned that the center caps may not sit on as they hit the wheel nuts. I think it was Devilfish on here so maybe worth giving him a shout.

Id say tyre choice will be quite critical too as far as any catching the arches etc.

I have an offset calculator at volksdevil.com/wheeloffset.htm which may be of interest too.

Edit:One here running 225/45's

Neil.

Edited by Volksdevil

Hi Matt,

The 9x16's are pretty much always et15, they will physically bolt on no problem being 4x100 for vw/bmw e30. But im unsure of the opel center bore, the vw center bore is 57.1mm, but im sure wherever you buy them from can supply the spigot rings to suit. Or they are probably available on ebay etc.

Also it's been mentioned that the center caps may not sit on as they hit the wheel nuts. I think it was Devilfish on here so maybe worth giving him a shout.

Id say tyre choice will be quite critical too as far as any catching the arches etc.

I have an offset calculator at volksdevil.com/wheeloffset.htm which may be of interest too.

Edit:One here running 225/45's

Neil.

thanks for that neil ill have a measure up and try get in touch with devilfish.borbet as;s look the doggs very retro think they would look spot on on the manta.cheers matt

The nuts were from Borbet, the thread etc was fine but they stick out too much and stop the centre cap going on...easily fixed with the angle grinder...

maybe you can find better/suitable nuts...mine were ordered through a bunch of seemingly not very clued up chaps from a garage in Bristol.

The manta nuts aren't suitable as they don't have a wide enough shoulder and so don't grip enough of the wheel

Edited by Devil Fish

The nuts were from Borbet, the thread etc was fine but they stick out too much and stop the centre cap going on...easily fixed with the angle grinder...

maybe you can find better/suitable nuts...mine were ordered through a bunch of seemingly not very clued up chaps from a garage in Bristol.

The manta nuts aren't suitable as they don't have a wide enough shoulder and so don't grip enough of the wheel

thanks for your help thats not bad if thats all you got to do to make them fit,what size are wheels and tyres etc.cheers matt