Manta A Front Shocks

RoryRN

Just checked the manta over before recommisioning her for this years summer

and I have oil coming out of the passengers front shock, so if theres anyone/where

I can get a set of shocks that would be great!!!

Also she has been lowered but the inside of the wheels wear out quickly is there anything

I can get my hands on to sort this out???

Many thanks in advance

Rory

Camber - the top ball joints can be rotated 180 degrees to adjust the camber by a fixed amount. I can't remember the specifics but I can always check in the manual. The wear might also be due to soggy suspension bushes or even a cracked cross member.

There are two types of upper ball joints on the Manta A the first type has a square on the end of the threaded portion.

After releasing the taper joint with the stub axle the square can be turned with a small spanner to adjust camber. The second type has no adjustment apart from rotating it 180 degrees as Mark has already pointed out. In this case the ball joint is unbolted from the control arm and reinserted facing the other way.

On the ball joint with the square on the end the tapered shaft is offset on the ball. This is why the camber changes when the ball is turned in its socket. The second type has the taper shaft in the centre of the ball.

Attached is a photo of the first type fitted to my Manta A

fronthubs007.jpg

If you look closely at the end of the ball joint you will see a cut in the square. This will show you where you have set the angle, you can then compare this to the other side.

Edited by paul1393