1983 Gt/e Coupe

hedcase

2.0L inj. Sunroof. Anthracite metallic. MOT 10 months. To include 12 months road tax. One owner since new – October 1983. Featured regularly in ‘Hedley’s Casebook’ in Opel Manta Owners Club magazine and has a rich history. 215k miles, but well maintained with TLC.

About £2,000 recently spent on new parts - In last two months axle rebuilt by Competition Transmission Services - gearboxman.co.uk (£600) with new copper brake pipes, New radiator, (£120) battery, (£60) water pump (£50) and thermostat, (£10)

Within four months - New front springs, (£120) rebuilt callipers by Bigg Red Callipers, (£150) Goodridge brake hoses, (£50) new lower ball joints, (£100) new disc back plates, (£60) new suspension bushes, (£50) new Spax front shocks, new Spax rears still in the box. (£250) speedometer cable (Last in UK! £25). Within a year - handmade stainless exhaust, (£300) and headlamp switch. (£25)

Runs very well. Engine sounds fine with oil and filter changed every 3,500 miles with Castrol GTX. Does not burn oil between oil changes on the dipstick or really smoke, except for a puff on start up, and idles at 2 bar and is 3 bar above 2000rpm. Excellent Co idle emissions. Gearbox quiet and oil changed every 35,000 miles, propshaft solid with no play, and brake fluid changed every two years. Injectors overhauled (Southern Carburettors in London) 60k ago.

Body shell sound, but needs cosmetic attention. Shell would suit Rallying. The down side is that the wings need a bit of attention and the lower doors, and the drivers seat is tired, but this car would make an ideal runabout, or a renovation project.

If you offer me the asking price, I’ll include these boxed new spares: fuel pump, (Cost £150) coil, fuel relay, fuel pre filter, steering rack ball joint arms (Cost £75) rack end joints, front anti-roll bar support pins, solid discs and rear drums, water hoses, handbrake cable and clutch cable and rocker cover gaskets and two sets of front brake pads and fuel hose. I’ll also throw in spare set of half shafts with almost new (3k) bearings fitted, (£200) with the back plates that are ready to slide in to an axle.

I’m asking around £1,700 for this car to include 12 months road tax. The parts are worth that alone. Make me an offer, I won’t be offended! Based in Surrey and Wales.

Please call 01239-711228 or 07984-616711. Photo’s available. Email hedley.england@lineone.net

I

Edited by hedcase

Any pics ?

Yes, got some pics shot last year. I'm shooting some more as the sale began yesterday and I still have to clean it a bit and put the pics on the website. I can send you some pics and a sheet on all the spares fitted. Body shell is sound and good for rallying. Do you have an email address?

• 4 weeks later...