Please Delete

mantapaperman

hi all. just converted a 1.8 to a redtop. will dvla need a engineers report?

a friend says they need garage report to state fitted properly an to confirm new engine number?

i fitted the engine myself and owned the astra that the redtop came out of, so dvla know i own this engine number? has anyone had problems with dvla with such things???

just asking before i open the can of worms?? cheers

Edited by mantapaperman

Have been through this process myself.

You have to have according to the DVLA Rules a letter on headed paper from a Garage stating that engine cc and engine number has been removed from vehicle reg no xxxx and new engine CC and engine number has been installed in car reg no xxxx.

There is also form on the DVLA website that need sto be filled in hmmmmm or was it the new log style log book, cant remember.

John

basicly as above,i changed my astra from a 1.4 to a 2.5 and i just made up a receipt stating engine numbers etc etc and what work had been done,engine swap,brake upgrade,service etc etc just made it look as if a garage did the work and invoiced me.send that away with the log book with the amended details on it.and that was it done.