Manta A Front Springs

johnboy

Does any one know the free length of the front springs from a 1973 A series manta 1.9. The reason i ask is i have odd springs on the front of my car, one is 9 1/2 coils and quite thin in diameter and the other is only 8 coils but fairly thick in diameter, almost 2mm thicker. The car sits way high on the front so i have put new springs on from ces and it still sits way too high, in fact so high that when you lower the car back down you still can't get the bottom shocker bolt through.:angry: This is the second set i have tried, they fit perfectly just too high so i am contemplating cutting a coil or two off them to bring the ride height down so could do with a length for standard ride height or slightly lower ride height please. I did notice on the box that the springs where for manta 71-84 1.6 or 1.9, i thought 71-75 a springs where different to later cars??? any help appreciated or if you have a spare set to sell let me know, Cheers for now John

Does any one know the free length of the front springs from a 1973 A series manta 1.9. The reason i ask is i have odd springs on the front of my car, one is 9 1/2 coils and quite thin in diameter and the other is only 8 coils but fairly thick in diameter, almost 2mm thicker. The car sits way high on the front so i have put new springs on from ces and it still sits way too high, in fact so high that when you lower the car back down you still can't get the bottom shocker bolt through.:angry: This is the second set i have tried, they fit perfectly just too high so i am contemplating cutting a coil or two off them to bring the ride height down so could do with a length for standard ride height or slightly lower ride height please. I did notice on the box that the springs where for manta 71-84 1.6 or 1.9, i thought 71-75 a springs where different to later cars??? any help appreciated or if you have a spare set to sell let me know, Cheers for now John

This does not have to do with the number of coils or height unloaded but from the strength or the mm of each coil

Maibe this gonna help, is in german but you can translate

Springs Front

S_004.jpg

Springs rear

S_005.jpg

Not from experience but i do believe a cut spring is an MOT fail!!

If you want a pair of second hand 1.9 manta A series springs then give us a shout.........i have a full set here.

and yes they are thinner section steel!