16V Oil Pressure Sender Enquiry

opel2000

Was wondering what oil pressure sender people have been using on the 16V conversion.

I tried fitting the senders I have off of old CIH engines, and they are a totally different thread, irritating thing is that there is not a lot of room to try fitting the adaptors I have lying around.

Got into the line of thinking that the 1.8 item is different and may bolt straight in, went and had a word with the Vauxhall dealers asking for a sender unit for a Calibra and was quoted £130.00 so don't want to go and buy one of those and find it doesn't fit as it should have been for ECOTEC.... in fact at that price don't want to go and buy one of those at all.

Looking at the Manta parts micro fishey thing there is a part No that is different for the 1.8 sender over the CIH sender units, basically was hoping someone could confirm this before I go spending any cash.

Edited by opel2000

I fitted the Intermotor one, part No 53850,it looks like it is fitted in the top part of the oil filter holder at the back, can't remember if i used an adapter as it's been about 8 years since i did the 16V conversion,hope this helps.

Superb mate, next step for me would have been to start searching for a part No. as soon as item was identified. But you've gone the whole hog for me cheers mate :thumbup

Edit:-

Looks about right, as it also replaces the part No. I have too. http://www.intermotor.co.uk/?p=smpeurope/catalogue&brand=intermotor&SESSID=i3hlcrapp2as6gigvg2sa2vj96&SESSID=nu6165ljf60l4ubtvsueanhjp5

Edited by opel2000

• 1 month later...

Stupid old me........

Already had the parts.....

I was expecting the oil pressure sender to bolt straight into the oil pump housing, like the pressure "Switch" in the original 16V set up.

Did not realise that the little steel angle piece off of the CIH needs to be screwed into the oil pump housing followed by the sender unit itself, tell you Woods, Trees, Can't see etc.

Don't really consider myself thick, but I sometimes wonder :blink:B):P