Upgrades?

matt24680

hi guys im in the process of repairing my manta (gte hatch) and was going to replace the shocks and springs all round the car and was wandering how mutch to lower it by for it to look good? as the front with the original suspension was a bit high but the back wasnt too bad also i was looking at spax on ebay looks pretty good but looks as if the shock goes through the spring and im not very keen on changing/modifing the wishbone setup but maybe its just the pic? also i saw some wheel spacers for sale any 1 used these?just a thought :thumbup

thanks

How much to lower it to make it look good really depends on your point of view, wheels/tyres and where you want ot drive

personally, if the bottom of the arch is at, or lower than, the top of the tyre then I think it looks good but if you've got speed bumps, ramps rough roads etc this might not be possible.

the spax picture must be an generic one as you don't have to modify anything to fit normal manta lowering springs/shocks and coilovers aren't available for the manta - although after saying that I do seem to remember spax listing some years ago, but you will need some modifications to fit coilovers.

need to be a bit more specific about the spacers - link, pics etc. there's several kind available, slip on, hubcentric, bolt-on etc.

if the bottom of the arch is at, or lower than, the top of the tyre then I think it looks good but if you've got speed bumps, ramps rough roads etc this might not be possible.

But if you do the bump stop might well be resting on the lower wish bone at the front making an expensive suspension setup pointless