Saffa Manta Gt

Stev0

Hey guys,

As some of you might have seen, I got hold of a clean manta about two months ago, i'll update this thread as i go with the developments.. the car is at the coast and i'm currently up inland (South Africa) on business that might turn permanent, so development will be slow...

Here's a few pics of my baby:

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

There's a few rust marks here and there but the car is licenced and on the road, busy with the change of ownership papers now.. i see a bright future for myself and this cabby..

1st question - i was under the impression the GT was a 1.6, but mines got the 19S lump in, all licenced with the correct numbers.. were there 1.9 GT's or could this be a transplant from long ago? or maybe just rebadged GT.. no 1900 badges by the fender manta badge..

Thanks for looking..

Okay, so i was quite keen to go for originality, which meant that the rostyles were a MUST.. now, rostyles aren't hard to find in South Africa, the difficult bit was finding a set: 13" 4x100 PCD...

the closest i could get was 4x108 PCD from the ford guys, on the anglia's and capri's... i was seriously considering having adapter plates made up and buying the set for R2000 (about 180quid)..

then someone pointed me in the right direction by saying the chevairs also came out with them in South Africa, but undetailed (no silver and black, just steel) so they weren't very obviously rostyle..

Visited all the scrapyards, no-one was very hopeful that i would find a set, then i found one in the back of a bloke's store room, and after some serious searching around the place i found the other three, PLUS one more, which was 0.5 narrower but i took it as a spare :)

Since they looked like ordinary steelies and the guy wasn't too clued up on the rostyle worth, I paid R100 each (about 8quid) so i was quite stoked with that..

DSC04319.jpg

What do you guys think?? to widen or not to widen??