Opel Manta B 82'

Lesis

Hello from Latvia.

Found this page very interesting with some great projects.

7.JPG

First time when I saw Manta was when my friend bought this one.At the first glance there was nothing astonishing.After a while I wanted Manta badly.

P1130461.JPG

Friend bought her 15inch ATS Classic,with nasty stickers of it was quite nice.Found him original limited slip diff but he never put it on.

So,I was to found one for myself.This is what I eneded up with as my first car.81' Manta B,2.0i.Twelve years off the road.

DSC04819.JPG

Took it apart for welding.Before I could start,friend was done with his Manta.It rusted a lot, after two years of use it was at really bad state.Then I bought her.

Winter was coming soon and I didn't want her to stay outside as previous Manta,which was sold.One Manta fanatic offered place at his workshop 60km away.With some freezed fingers got her running again and Manta was in her new home.

GEDC1149.JPG

It was 2.0 Le Jetronic(earlier was with carburetor).4speed manual transmission,got slip diff with it.Recaro seats,black interior and 3spoke Opel steering wheel.Front bumper was in bad condition,body was rusty.Atleast it run.

Very poor look.On the left my first car,behind it half of a hatch 1.8ohc.Hatch,the red on,and one coupe in workshop is for Manta fanatic.

GEDC1346.JPG

Bought 2.4 engine from Omega A.Very cheap,but without a lot of bits,no wiring,ECU,AFM,lambda,distributor,starter.

GEDC1344.JPG

Found 3.0 intake manifold,cut it down and made a Cut-down intake with 65mm throttle and 2.4 fuel rail.It will have some minor changes,when engine will be swapped in.

GEDC1474.JPG

GEDC1747.JPG

I was limited to get to car because of the distance and new semester started at university,so,free time was limited too.

One day,guy,who has those other Mantas offered to build this vehicle together with him and other Manta enthusiast in order to use it as track day car.

Got to him,took the engine out for welding purposes and he started welding process.

GEDC2467.JPG

Picture%2520312.jpg

Picture%2520311.jpgPicture%2520309.jpg

Some new fuel lines.

GEDC2456.JPG

Changed them recently.They dried and were flawed to threads.

Bought camshaft regrind from ebay,cheap.Well,badly worn too.

GEDC2382.JPG

Back on the roads agian.

1328189090.jpg

A while was looking for 2.2 Cih head for 2.4 engine build.

First try in porting.2.2 head with 3.0Cut-down intake.

GEDC2718.JPG

GEDC2767.JPG

GEDC2751.JPG

GEDC2774.JPG

Stock 45/40mm valves.

2.4 engine I'm trying to put together at my university workshop.Some old vehicle there to,for example Opel Super 6.

GEDC2758.JPG

Edited by Lesis

• 2 weeks later...