hello

philip1971

No disrespect to this club but there for being a club ,there seems to be a problem were there is nowt kicking about in any parts or interiors or engines either 1.8 ohc and 20 cih and other parts,i cannot understand why this is a great problem ,I would of expected greater results in my search and focus in this club,and  at the movment the club empty.and iam struggling .there seem to be more parts either in Europe or on ebay.help.

Thankyou for reading

philip1971

The club doesn't manufacture spares and if you need something sometimes you have to ask for specifics. Everyone on here has more too life than just selling parts on here, and unless they are willing to go to where they might have items stored in the winter they won't go and look unless asked. Facebook and eBay is where most spares are sold today as they have a bigger audience and a means of a quick cash/PayPal sale There is an OMOC member up near your end of the country at Barnard Castle selling loads of Manta items on eBay and not via the club, which is their prerogative.

Don't just ask for generic items (1.8 engine spares) ask for specifics (cylinder head). Also ensure you have the funds to hand when asking for items as nothing puts off a potential seller than tyre kickers. Most people want quick uncomplicated sales, that is why they use other sites with guarantees on payments.

I have spent 12 years finding spares for mine (still looking) and have missed out on a lot of items due to not having the funds or being beaten to the items by another member, you have to be patient. Sometimes you have to pay higher prices as the market is not saturated with the spares you are after, but know your limits. It is a sellers market out there at the moment and with Facebook/eBay/Gumtree etc. You have to do a lot of research and trawling the net. You have to spread your wings and buy from Europe if necessary as most of us on here do on a regular basis.

Good luck with your search

• Like 4