1.8 Hatchback

andy6363

Hello folks,

Would there be any interest in a 1985 1.8 Hatch ?

Very reluctantly I think I'm going to part with it. Bought it about 3 years ago (from a club member I think) but haven't got to use it as much as I intended and I don't have the time or more importantly the garage space to look after it properly.

It does need a bit of work. Probably needs a bonnet as the front edge is bubbled as is bottom of the drivers door. Rear bumper chipped and a couple of places have been touched in at some point in the past, but not very well !

On the plus side the chassis seems ok, inner guards, battery tray good and interior very clean. Only done a couple of hundred miles since last MOT in August 2018. Reading 63784 at present.

Engine rebuild done by previous owner just over 1000 miles ago !

I had the sunroof replaced when I got it with a new webasto one at around £500, though there is a bubble coming at one edge.

Reckon it should be worth at least £2500 as is, or I might wait till our MOT centres are operating again and see if I  can get a years test on it. I think it would be a shame to see it broken for parts, would rather it went to someone willing to spend some time and money on it.

Very good set of 13 inch alloys also.  Oh and to make it a little more interesting its automatic ! Changes really nicely through the gears and surprisingly quick off the mark.

Will try to add a few photos later in the week if any interest. I'm in Northern Ireland by the way.

Thanks for reading,

Andy.

• 4 weeks later...