Hi all can any one help with this measurement

john hibbert

If i can do it with the bumper on i can sort that out for you tomorrow.

Do you need it from the top of that front panel to where it ends, or from the top to where the valance curves under? or both!

Andy

1 hour ago, john hibbert said:

evening Andy where ever you can  get a measurement from its difficult with the bumper on i understand its so i get the lap of the two panels correct before welded up thanks

Hey John

Let me see what i can do and will get back to you tomorrow.

Andy

Hi John

Measured mine today and from the top of that panel to that edge where the valance starts to curve under is 55mm.

Mine has been replaced so im not sure how accurate this is to factory setup. But mine is that same height across that middle section.

Hope this helps a bit.

Andy

4 hours ago, john hibbert said:

like that sketch i did above bottom of the grill panel to the start of the valance cure of valance 55mm ?thanks

Yep, from the flat of that panel just under the grill to the curve of the valance panel

and if you did it from the flat of that panel to the bottom of that panel where it stops and the valance tucks under it was approx 40mm

From your pic with the tape measure you don't seem to be far off?

I think the main issue you can have if the panel is too far up or down is lining up the wing fixings and join at the edge of the valance. Can you test fit a wing as well to double check before you weld up? 

23 hours ago, john hibbert said:

yep your right on the test fit wings done, thanks for measurement big help 👍

No problem. Happy to help.

I have been through the same as you to get mine on the road so if you need any other help just let me know as i think i have replace every part you can on the A 🙂

Andy