1987 Manta B rear wiper switch problems ignition

JonnyD

Hi All. Thanks for any feedback to this one. The rear wiper switch appears is wired direct to the ignition. I have to have the rear wipers on to allow the car to start on the key. If I turn off the rear wipers when driving, or if the car hits a bump and rear wiper switch gets rocked a little, the car dies. 
is there anyway to fix this or to bypass this?

thanks for any thoughts. 
JD

image.jpg

IMG_5490.jpeg

Wiper does work when the wiper switch is on and off. Had to disconnect the blue connector at the motor at the wiper. Even when I did this the wiper kept working. Had to then disconnect the purple connector at the wiper motor also to stop the wiper working. 

Put it back to original is the easy answer. Take the red wires off the switch & join them together then the blue wire should be on terminal 53, the violet on 53a & I'm guessing that wire near the top of the 2nd pic with the rubber boot is black & red, that goes on terminal 53b on the switch. Then see what happens.

Also check for shorting in the wiring going to the fan, that connector has got HOT!

• Like 1