Hello from deepest darkest Essex

Hello,

I just thought i'd introduce myself to the forum, the name's Gary.

Back in the '80's and early '90's i ran a Cavalier coupe 1.9GLS in carmine red registration number WPU 129S in the Southend area as a daily driver. I owned the car for 14 years and sold it around '93. I would love to know if anyone has any knowledge of the car although i suspect that it got scrapped a long time ago!

Boy did i love that car I gave up on it when the rust became too much to handle, but during it's life i did carry out some work on her. I had the engine lightened and balanced and a big valve head from Torque developments in dagenham??? with a Piper fast road cam; she was putting out about 115 at the wheels IIRC. I never got around to moving the brake servo and fitting 45's though. I bet a lot has changed with thoughts on tuning since my day

Anyway, i've been thinking a lot about Mantas lately I'd love to hear from anyone in the area as i'm considering getting my hands on one again after all those years.

Gaz

hi gaz from another gaz

not in your area but am sure there is a few that are,not good at geography

things moved on a bit to redtop engine,motorbike carbs bmw engined manta drift car

have a look at the projects section,there's some clever guys on here,pity am not one of them

Just been looking through the project section when i should be tucked up in bed

Still seem to be a few old school CIH rebuilds from what i could see but i'll need to think about what i want to do if i get one.

So i guess the obvious is a redtop; what else have you guys fitted?

Gaz

Cool, someone in the local area Is it just you and me then? Or are there any other Local lads lurking on the Forum?

I'd love to pop round to have a wee look at your Manta at some point. I was only reading your project thread the other night...looks very interesting

Gaz

Hiya ' Gaznod '

And Welcome to the Mad-House .

We've had a couple of meets at the Royal Forest Hotel in Chingford .

It was a bit dark & dismal in the autumn months ! but Im hoping to

kick them off again at the end of March or the begining of April .

Have a look at the ' Epping Forest Meet ' thread in General Discussions .

We did have a few laugh's .

As Robbie said , If your in need of help to keep another Manta on

the road , This is the place to find it . Were a friendly bunch here ..

My Good God : is that the time ?

Im off to get some kip....

Theres a few of us around here, i'm fairly new here too but I've met our local rep Val who is in Benfleet and I know of a couple of others local who i've yet to meet. I think Vals planning a local meet within the next couple of weeks so if I hear anything I'll get in contact with you.

I'm a full time stopathome Dad so i'm in a lot during the week looking after the kids and the house whilst my wife's out earning the bucks so a bit of adult company wouldn't go amiss. Let me know via PM if you wanna swing by and i'll drop you over my addy