Christmas has come early.

sean999

Hi, thanks to everyone who has offered help and advice regarding my last post regarding running twin 40's on my cih cav.

Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, i have been very fortunate in being offered an "M" cav sri, (not red top but still 16v) for free!

i have not established what mileage it has covered, but it is a running and driving car. So i shall be shelving the twin 40's idea and hopefully using the 2ltr ecotec thats in the new cav.

obviously i will need to run a 5 speed box, but can anyone suggest what sort to look for? As far as i know, carltons and omega's were rear wheel drive. Will a gearbox off one of them bolt straight on? If not what mods are required, or is there an alertnative box i could use. I believe that i will need to modify the hole in the tunnel, moving it further back to cater for a 5 speed.

Any help or advice on the subject of fitting the 2ltr ecotec and suitable doner gear box will be greatly accepted, cos at our house its like the blind leading the blind, loads of projects and ideas but not a clue how to go about it.

sean999

Shame I had to scrap a 2.0l with gearbox and complete Omega in 98, I was told it was unlikely that anyone in the Club would have wanted it - I can confirm that the omegas are RWD and I believe some Carltons are. Not sure if it is a direct bolt on although believe it should be. There are plenty of series 1 omegas beinging scraped for next to nothing, worth even less not the scrap weight has gone down!

Er simple answer is no, unless you want to start cutting big holes in the bellhousing and having a customer release arm made and trying to find a bearing that would fit and some way of connecting the cable

Already looked into this one

Andy