Gte Coupe V8 Fuel Injection

SS069

How do folks, this is my newest project, a 1984 Manta GTE V8i with an LT77 5 speed box.

The car was initially bought for the running gear for an olf (dare I say it on here) Ford Cortina, but as you do on further inspection I have decided that the car is far too good to destroy........so it's now classed as my latest project.

Currently not running - needs fuel pump & air flow meter to get it running - can't wait... ;)

The car has been stood/neglected since 1995, the spec of the car is as follows:

ENGINE - RV8 Vitesse (stronger block) - 215 BHP @ flywheel - hoping for 200 @ the wheels

- rebuilt (not yet run in) engine with a +.20 re-bore making it 3625cc (or there abouts)

- new pistons

- reground crank

- mains shells

- new cam shaft & lifters (unknown specification) - how can I find out?

- new timing set

- new uprated oil pump kit

- new rocker shafts

- porting & polishing of head

- diping & cleaning of all engine components - head/block/plenum/etc..

- new engine gaskets

- McCord head gasket

- new injection seals

- new plugs

- new oil (running in)

- new heat conttrol switch

- Braided Stainless Steel hoses & engine bay pipework

GEARBOX

- LT77 5 speed manual (refurbished)

- hydraulic clutch (light as a feather)

- complete new clutch kit

BRAKES

- twin remote servos off BMW 5 series

- Standard Manta GTE master cylinder

- Volve 4 post callipers - front

- Carlton vented disks - front

- remore brake proportining valve

- rear brakes std (I think)

BODY/GENRAL

- standard wheels

- tyres - 185/60 x 14 Front & 205/60 x 14 Rear

- twin 2.5" stainless exhaust system - spare wheel well had been modified to accept the exhaust

- twin headlamp conversion

- Manta 400 3 peice rear spoiler

- tow bar (it should be a good tow bus ;) with my track XE Viva on the back)

Here are a few piccies of the car when I bought it.........

DSC01897.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

That does look nice. Have you thought about swapping the injection system for the four barrel Weber Edelbrock? Pricey but could save you a lot of messing around and make the engine look more like a proper muscle car. Looks like someone's sprayed the plastic expansion tank he he!!

Would you mind me enquiring as to how much you paid for it? :)

That does look nice. Have you thought about swapping the injection system for the four barrel Weber Edelbrock? Pricey but could save you a lot of messing around and make the engine look more like a proper muscle car. Looks like someone's sprayed the plastic expansion tank he he!!

Would you mind me enquiring as to how much you paid for it? :)

Rick, I bought it cheap a smidgen under £600..... :rolleyes: .......she needs about £1000 spending on her to bring her up to proper glory again though...... B)

The header tank is a metal one & it's been polished.......regarding 4 barrel, I would rather stick with the injection, but uprate the plenum to a 75mm TVR one if I can find one cheap enough.........then a set of headers/tubular manifolds ti increase flow/throttle response......but need to get the old girl running first...... ;)

I'd like to stick some 17" dished rims on her, but don't know what wheels will fit the RWD Opel/Vauxhalls......HELLLP.. :blink:

Rick, I bought it cheap a smidgen under £600..... :rolleyes: .......she needs about £1000 spending on her to bring her up to proper glory again though...... B)

The header tank is a metal one & it's been polished.......regarding 4 barrel, I would rather stick with the injection, but uprate the plenum to a 75mm TVR one if I can find one cheap enough.........then a set of headers/tubular manifolds ti increase flow/throttle response......but need to get the old girl running first...... ;)

I'd like to stick some 17" dished rims on her, but don't know what wheels will fit the RWD Opel/Vauxhalls......HELLLP.. :blink:

VW wheels are the same stud pattern. I would keep the injection system also. So much more tuning potential! Good luck with the resto. Paul Holtom OMOC412

The header tank is a metal one & it's been polished
Sorry my mistake, it looked like a moulded plastic one in the pic with silver paint, which I've seen before and never forgot!

As for the wheels, you've got loads of options RWD makes no odds, you can fit the wheels from a calibra, cavalier or astra (four stud obviously) as Paul says even VW ones fit which is a popular mark for deep dish wheels.

Saw this up for sale and if I had the space and the money I would have snapped this f****er up for upo to £2,500 "Even if it had a painted expansion tank" Der!

Good looking Manta with twin brake servo's A decent RV8 on injection with a Manual gearbox, someone has done a damn good job on this car. Having built a Rover V8 engined Manta myself on a Manual box (auto is easier, a lot easier) I can say that you have got an absolute bargain here.

Wheels......

7"x17" with an ET 38 which are quite common will suit the Manta down to the ground, sourcing deep dish items however are dead easy if you go to a 5 stud route, but on four stud (such as the Manta 4x 100 pcd on original et30) you will find that a deep dish is hard to come by, keep eyes peeled on Ebay for old Borbet's, Compomotives and some dead bargain BBS split rims that come up from time to time.