Manta A 1973

vealmonkey

got me a manta A to day its in real good shape , its needs a little welding brakes looking at ,wiper blades , and she should be motd in 4 weeks time and then take the engine+box out and put a cav 1.7 td engine with a omaga 5 speed box and i will tweek her to 130hp ;) i will post a pic in the next few days

• 2 months later...

took the 1.9 engine and box out of the manta to yestarday , had to take the sump off the 1.7 td engine as its bigest lump sits at the front( need it at the back) , altnater , and bracket under the fuel pump and theromstat housing + hoeses to get her to sit in the engine bay , so i need a sump , and make up engine mounts , exhaust , fit the fork and bearing to the omaga box and fit the box to and spigot bearing , so i have my work cut out , i tryed to fit a vw 1.9 tdi it fits in beter but no gear box to bolt strate on :angry:

• 1 month later...

wee up date i have used the manta b 1.8 gearbox , made a sump and a oil pick up pipe all in and running , and have put a years mot and tax on her to so on the high ways ;) , got a few bits to tidy up , cut my front springs 1 3/4 coils and fitted spax shocks to sitting real nice now , and tweeked her to 105hp and fitted a calrton 2.3 diesel all allay intercooler and a 1.7 corsa van inlet manafold , beter flowing it sounds like a 17L scany truck now 18" of front pipe for a exhaust and that is it :lol: , i will get some pics up soon, was at a show yesterday and some on put some pics up hears the link http://www.scottishmini.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8636