Camshafts Bearings 2.4 Cih

guysat

Hi

Im rebuilding a 2.4 CIH, all going well until i came to refitt the camshaft.

The first bearing you pass the camshaft through has changed size and shape, its now oval by 0.03mm and wont fit.

Has anyone replaced one of these bearings before, if so how do u do it......?

Guy

Hi

Im rebuilding a 2.4 CIH, all going well until i came to refitt the camshaft.

The first bearing you pass the camshaft through has changed size and shape, its now oval by 0.03mm and wont fit.

Has anyone replaced one of these bearings before, if so how do u do it......?

Guy

Guy

You can't do the job yourself as the bearings have to be line bored in situ so i have been informed. Try JEMS in scotland as they have line boring equipment. There must be other machine shops that do it but not all shops have the necessary equipment.

HTH

Chris

Guy

You can't do the job yourself as the bearings have to be line bored in situ so i have been informed. Try JEMS in scotland as they have line boring equipment. There must be other machine shops that do it but not all shops have the necessary equipment.

HTH

Chris

Hi Guy,there is a company by you called Tamworth Engines,i'm off work 2moz,but i'll try and get you the phone number and text you with it mate,cheers for now,Paul.

ps,if he can't do it for any reason,i'll be able to get it sorted for you somewhere,we deal with quite a few engine guys.