New Website

vinny_69

hello all :) first of all if this is in the wrong section please move.

big thanks to stooo for letting me post about a great new vx website

www.vq9.co.uk

A forum catering for all Vauxhalls, Opels modified or standard. The membership is totally free. A good meeting place for members from all other forums to catch up with each other....very friendly atmosphere.

Part of the website is dedicated to the cars owned by our members. It showcases their pride and joy and all the hard work they have put into it their cars. This gives visitors an interesting and informative insight to what can be done with a Vauxhall or Opel.

we have only been up and running for about 3 months and at the moment we are still tweeking it

come on over and have a gander,,,,,,,,,,,,it's free

www.vq9.co.uk

Vinny_69

vq9 web guru

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

sorry it's been so long

the fox's bisquits was a joke by another member as my avatar is vinnie the fox's panda so everyone thinks im a chuffing Panda rolleyes.gif well vq9 is over a year old now and still going strong.

we are about to do our first ever show.... PVS so if anyone is in the area just stop bye and say hello we don''t bite.

enough of that biggrin.gif im now on my third cally after a stint in a veccy v6 (pile of poo) heres some random pic's

23012010104.jpg

all because of a failed tensioner bearing

23012010103.jpg

it's a calibr SE3 rare as anything these days

24012010124.jpg

24012010127.jpg

a pic of the old engine bay

21012010098.jpg

the only thing that has changed is every part has been replaced (apart from the c20ne) and im working on the suspension as both front wheel bearing have failed, bith shocks, and one spring has snapped

01052010277.jpg

15052010283.jpg

I've always wondered what the differences are between the models, other than year ! So could you please let me know what the 'upgrades' were between each model to the '9 ?????' in case I wish to buy one.

Always regarded these as the Mk3 Manta. :thumbup

due to a slight Ahem technical error the link dosnt work sad.gif so i will just copy and paste it for now sorry that it looks a bit pants wink.gif

Special editions and limited editions

Special colour eds

In total there are 9 specials

se1 Produced From October 1992 to August 1993

--Total produced 1821 fitted with the C20NE 2.0 litre 8 valve engine producing 115 bhp and a top speed of 127 mph This came in Carbic Blue and was fitted with five spoke alloy wheels this model also had a leather interior option

se2 Produced From September 1993 to April 1994

—Total produced 429 fitted with a C20XE 2.0 litre 16 valve model Engine developing as standard 150bhp, top speed is quoted as 133 to 138 depending on what source you use. The SE2 was a limited edition produced between October 1993 to April 1994

it came in only one colour Solar yellow. Fitted with a full heated leather interior 15 inch 6 spoke alloy wheels.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i60.photobuck...se/100_0178.jpg

se3 Produced From May 1994 to August 1994

—Total produced 392 fitted with a C20NE 8-valve engine producing 115 bhp and top speed of 127mph. . Also fitted with the duel information display (D.I.D) this had a digital clock and an outside air temperature display. Apart from the special colour Roja red (a sort of purple colour) and six spoke alloy wheels there was not a great deal different from a standard model. The SE3 was the last calibra produced with the older style front end

17042010258.jpg

se4 Produced From October 1995 to July 1995

— Total produced 607 fitted with a C20NE 8-valve engine producing 115 bhp and top speed of 127mph unless it had the new 4 speed auto box of which 77 were ever made. The SE4 was the first se to be fitted with cream heated leather interior, and also the new style fascia. This had white dials and centre oil and battery gauges mounted in the centre below the radio. It was fitted with five spoke alloy wheels and the new style front grill. With a special metallic colour of magnetic blue

[img width=600 height=450]http://i47.photobuck...050509_1951.jpg

se5 Produced from November 1995 to march 1996

-- total of 223 produced of which 203 manual and 20 automatics fitted with the C20NE

engine also an 8 valve. It is rumoured that it's a Cavalier sri 130 engine but that's never been proven. It is fitted with cream heated leather and also the white dial instrumentation and the centre. It also came with a CD multi changer and BBS Rx Champagne alloy wheels. It has Irmscher lowered RED up rated suspension.

It was also fitted with the up rated security system as standard engine immobiliser(the slug) and alloy wheel locking bolts fitted as standard from September 1995 on all Calibra models

se6 Produced From April 1996 to June 1996

-- total of 55 produced of which 4 of these being the automatic it is a rare model with a C20NE 8 valve engine producing 115bhp top speed of 127mph. it has a special colour called Iceland blue.

The interior has air conditioning fitted along with a sunroof. A radio Cassette or optional CD player. It also had 5 spoke alloy wheels and the D.I.D and cream heated leather interior the white dials are also fitted as well as the oil and battery gauges mounted in the centre.

100_1284.jpg

se7 Produced From September 1996 to December 1996

-- total of 33 produced of these vehicles where produced and with only 4 of these being the automatic it is also a rare model fitted with the X20XE 16 valve Ecotec engine producing 136bhp top speed of 133mph. It being a 16 valve it will also have front integrated foglights mounted beside the headlights

it has a special colour called Magic grey

se8 Produced From March 1997 to July 1997

-- total of 458 of these special editions where produced and 49 of these where the automatic version

the Engine is the same as the SE7 the X20XE, producing 136 bhp and top speed of 133 mph. It is the only SE model with a duplicated colour. Magnetic blue as used on the SE4. It is fitted with a special cloth interior. The white dial instruments are also fitted as well as the duel gauges mounted in the centre. Fitted with a boot spoiler. thats not in the pic laugh.gif

[img width=600 height=399]http://i567.photobuc...69_pix/TRAX.jpg

se9 Produced From May 1997 to July 1997

—THE PINK ONE

total of 301 of which 49 are the automatic version

The SE9 With the Flame red paintwork is not only the last of the special edition Calibras, it is alas the end of the Calibra range. Produced from May 1997 to July 1997 and it is the only V6 SE model. Fitted with the 2.5 V6 24 valve C2.5XE engine. This produced 170 bhp and a top speed of 143 mph. With a switch able traction control system and a boot spoiler fitted. It also has an on board fuel computer fitted instead of the D.I.D. This shows information regarding the consumption, range of miles for amount of fuel in the tank, and other information. Is also displayed and last but not least Fitted with BBS RX Champagne alloys, the white dials and centre gauges. It has also got a passenger airbag CD multi changer and also air condition is fitted.

[img width=800 height=533]http://i290.photobuc...42/IMG_2811.jpg

Dtm's

Ive found 4 engine sizes given for the DTM's

2.0 ltr 8valve they produced 527 of which 0 went to the uk

2.0 ltr 16v ecotec they produced 982 of which 167 went to the uk

2.5 ltr 24v v6 they produced 435 of which 37 went to the uk

2.0 ltr 16v turbo they produced 208 of which 25 went to the uk

you cant miss one of these as they all have the yellow DTM motorspot badges down the side with body coloured roof rails and door handls and a body coloured spoiler with intergrated brake light,quite a poor interior as standard with chequred cloth interior(leather was an option) with a leather covred steering wheel with grey inserts,lowred sports suspension with gas filled dampers.

Le's (limited editions)

Total of 51 of these Turbo Le all fitted with the c20let 2.0ltr 16valve Turbo this produced 204 Bhp and I believe they came lowered on imrscher springs and are badged on the centre console ashtray with the number they are. Its painted in a special Two coat Black paint, 16inch BBS alloys & irmscher rear spolier.They all came fitted with leather seat trim and are the rarest of any calibra.

I will update these as and when I get a bit more info

Young Edition (Germany only)

2.0 ltr 8 valve produced 1207

2.0 ltr 16 valve produced 956

2.5 ltr 24 valve v6 produced 148

Last Edition (Germany only)

2.0 ltr 16 valve produced 733

2.5 ltr 24 valve v6 produced 243

Cliff Edition (Germany only)

2.0 ltr 8 valve produced 83

2.0 ltr 16 valve produced 425

2.0 ltr 16 valve turbo produced 11

2.5 ltr 24 valve v6 produced 111

Classic Edition (Germany only)

2.0 ltr 8 valve produced 529

2.0 ltr 16 valve produced 456

2.0 ltr 16 valve turbo produced 143

2.5 ltr 24 valve v6 produced 347

Special Edition (Germany/Netherlands only)

2.0 ltr 16 valve produced 156 for the German market and 28 for the Nethrlands

2.5 ltr 24 valve v6 produced 124 for the German market and 24 for the Nethrlands

the total amount of calibras made from 1989 through to 1999 was 238164

2.0 ltr 8 valve total produced 129284

2.0 ltr 16 valve total produced 82963

2.0 ltr 16 valve turbo total produced 14019

2.5 ltr 24 valve v6 total produced 11898

Vin, Good to see you're getting those jobs sorted on the SE3. Are you winning or is that job list getting longer ?

Keep up the good work on the vq9 website. thumbsup.gif

in all my years of owning callys ive never got half the jobs done laugh.gif well the engine is running sweet for now the suspension should (touch wood) get done this weekend, im on the hunt for another c20ne so i can dabble witha turbo setup in the winter.

i also have a few spots of rust to sort out sometime soon followed by a complete respray blink.gif

thats only the big jobs

bling wise im keeping it close to standard apart from chrome and hoses

I think you could have given a bit more detail about the SE models.!!!!

Really good research, you clearly know your stuff.

Shame they didn't call it Manta as it was the logical sucessor, perhaps GM thought Manta had run its course or wanted a new name to mark a departure for what was at the time a groundbreaking car.

Shame they didn't call it Manta as it was the logical sucessor, perhaps GM thought Manta had run its course or wanted a new name to mark a departure for what was at the time a groundbreaking car.

they did calibra = MANTA ENGINE DONOR :lol::lol:

but GM have a history of cocking newer models up just like the corsa should have been the nova and the vectra should have been the mk4 cav

the cav was a best seller for years but as soon as they changed it to the vectra (with a few words from mr clarkson) it died a death.

thats what i think anyway smile.gif