Poly Bushes

huw

I think only Powerflex or Superflex do them now..I did get a set from TAS many years ago for way less than half the price they are now from these two but pretty sure TAS no longer make them.

TBH on the front your better off if you can using the std rubber mounts as the polys can cause understeer but they do work well on the rear esp with an lsd..

I wonder if anyone sells standard rubber bushes as a kit? I fancied a set of polybush ones for my V8 but they are a bit too expensive especially seeing how most of the components I'm replacing come with new rubber bushes anyway.

I also heard the superflex ones have a couple that either dont fit very well or at all?!

Hmm;

Would be good to no if original bushes are still available and what the associated part number are. :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone sells standard rubber bushes as a kit? I fancied a set of polybush ones for my V8 but they are a bit too expensive especially seeing how most of the components I'm replacing come with new rubber bushes anyway.

I also heard the superflex ones have a couple that either dont fit very well or at all?!

I think only Powerflex or Superflex do them now..I did get a set from TAS many years ago for way less than half the price they are now from these two but pretty sure TAS no longer make them.

TBH on the front your better off if you can using the std rubber mounts as the polys can cause understeer but they do work well on the rear esp with an lsd..

Just for info TAS are no longer trading, they went into liquidation over a year ago. There unit was half a mile from my house. Did get some bits and pieces from them when they were clearing out.

Can't see why the polybuses would cause understeer when fiting them to the wishbones. Changed mine on the Kadett to nylon 66 lowers and speherical bearing tops with no issues at all. If you replace the anti-rollbar bushes they could stiffen the bar too much which would induce understeer. As a bit of info the vauxhall/opel cars seem to be setup with slight understeer as this is the safest for your run of the mill driver, usually with a thick front roll bar. To get rid of this you can thin the middle part of the roll bar down to soften it slightly(lets it twist more).

For the grasser i was told by a chevette rally guy to dump the roll bar altogether fit hard springs at the front and soft at the rear, and use adjustable dampers to control the roll. Worked a treat!!!!!!

HTH

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes I have done the old grind the rollbars down and works real well I used to run an old B manta stripped out and valved for trackdays this way,thats when I had polys on the front and would always understeer very badly so changed the shocks/springs for avo's no change then removed outriggers and replaced with std o/s stopped :thumbup thats why I put that.But if your not tracking them or very hard use polys will be fine on road.

Oh just to let everyone know Ive just completed a deal to get the very last outrigger bushes from Opel but sadly looks like only 4 will be coming this way and three already reserved, should have them by Billing if anyones interested also have one set of the bolts

Sad about TAS they used to be gr8 to deal with shame.