Rad Cap Psi

bones

Hi there, I need a new rad cap for my XE engined Chevette and I have no idea which rad cap to use, I'm looking into buying a Stant rad cap but there seams to be 3 different pressures to choose from 16 PSI, 19 to 21 PSI , 21 to 25 PSI. I'm running a pretty much stock XE with a pair of 45's with an ally group4 rad with a header tank fitted and no heater Any ideas which cap as I haven't a clue?

Hi there, I need a new rad cap for my XE engined Chevette and I have no idea which rad cap to use, I'm looking into buying a Stant rad cap but there seams to be 3 different pressures to choose from 16 PSI, 19 to 21 PSI , 21 to 25 PSI. I'm running a pretty much stock XE with a pair of 45's with an ally group4 rad with a header tank fitted and no heater Any ideas which cap as I haven't a clue?

Rutts is right, 13 psi is pretty much std, all you do increasing the pressure in the system is raise the boiling point so the motor can run hotter. With a fairly stock motor, std rad pipes etc i would go for the one nearest std so 16psi. If i'm correct i'm sure that rads are pressure tested at 30psi, not sure what the std rad pipes would take though.

HTH

Chris