Please Delete

mantapaperman

hi all. just going to start the task of changing me brake pipes for the mot.

can anyone advise what size of copper pipe i need. will it be 3/16 ? also anyone know what thread the unions are? many thanks in advance..ooh and are these cheap FLEABAY FLARING TOOLS ANY GOOD

can anyone recomend a good flarer brand..cheers

Edited by mantapaperman

Yes they're 3/16 pipes, think they're M10x1mm unions

As for the cheap pipe flarer's they can be made to make a reasonable flare in the pipe but from my experience only once in 20 times :(

If you're only going to do a couple of pipes i'd say get a local garage to flare the ends for you once you've cut them to length

Or if you want to add a decent flaring tool to your tool box you want a vice mounted one like this E-Bay link which are £160ish new

As for the cheap pipe flarer's they can be made to make a reasonable flare in the pipe but from my experience only once in 20 times :(

Brothers Blue Point "on the car" one is about 32 years old and my Clarke "on the car" one is about 15 years old and was about £22 quid from MachineMart.

Something like 16 ends on a Manta, and how many times are you going to do a whole car?

On one hand good tools make better ends, how much is your safety worth? On another cost/benefit.

If a garage did your brakes which would they use? Would you even ask?