P- Reg 1.9 Berlinetta On Ebay

• 2 weeks later...

Looks an interesting car this, does say one owner from new.

Not sure if its a members car, but possibly not as one owner from new, and off the road for 20 years!!

Decent project for someone??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/opel-manta-berlinetta-/180582151004?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0b88f35c

Dave

This car doesn't look as right as I first thought. It says S on the boot but the S in the Uk still had the chrome and plastic side strips, and wheel arch chrome trims the same as the Berlinetta. I don't think the S has the metal headlight surrounds or headlamp wipers. The seats and door cards are the Berlinetta type too as is the steering wheel. It looks like there is over spray on the rear jacking points. Its either a Berlinetta which has been de-trimmed and resprayed or an S which has been upgraded. There's also a bib spoiler in the orange on the rear parcel shelf and manta B's didn't have these. Be interesting to see how much paperwork there is to back the 34k up. All that said though it's still another great early car, where are they all coming from?

Sorry! I don't know why but I'm sure my computer linked me to the bright orange one on eBay now, which is the one I was writing about! The link I see now takes me to your Red one.

Have you bought that orange one then? I was watching that one. Looks like a nice original car, be nice to see that back in good condition and on the road. Good luck with it, look forward to seeing some more pics.

I am a huge fan of original B SR Berlinettas.

Dave

Have you bought that orange one then? I was watching that one. Looks like a nice original car, be nice to see that back in good condition and on the road. Good luck with it, look forward to seeing some more pics.

I am a huge fan of original B SR Berlinettas.

Dave

Well it should be red, I'm a big fan of two slots too, Ive got two at the mo one is in the garage and is a bear shell thats a bitsa doing the 2.4 thing that hopefully will look like Josep Arque 400 in Phillips/ autoradio colours and the other which will be a more everyday car with the only mods being for safety and usability, with ref to the orange two slot thats on ebay at about a grand or so, does it really matter that its got the wrong sticker on or over spray here and there, we must remember that every knight has a chink in his armour and what ever its flaw who cares, its a Manta and some of these cars are nearly 40 years old so wether it looks like dogga or a minta its keeping the brand alive.nuf said.