Hello From Oxfordshire

Rich118

Hi all

This is my second manta and thought i would join the fourm after reading it so much id say all the welding is done now its all bodywork 400 kit fitting engine swap brakes etc so i'll have alot of questions.

i'll post some images once i rember my details to my friends web hosting

Rich

If you got the time this weekend pop up to the NEC as the club has a stand in hall two and speak to Simon P who will be there on Saturday and Sunday about engines.

Simon runs Suffolk county Manta's, he has one of his customers cars on the stand.................

Am surprised that you are having trouble finding a "let" engine.

What BHP are you looking for........?

John

unfortunately i cant as i work weekends otherwise i would have liked to have gone.

The problem i have with a "Let" engine is they are nearly all out of the car and so can not be heard running also i belive the DVLA have made it so you need the original log book of the car the engine came from? I like the look of a B234 as i'd be able to buy a whole car and drive it before removing the engine. I have also read that the engines are very strong (internals good for 500hp)? and can get good BHP from just a remap, I also rember reading that the ECU used by the engine is a remappable one?

I think i'd be looking at 250 -300 bhp mark as said i want to be able to drive this car everyday so dont want to make it terible on fuel

Thanks

Rich

Rich;

You do not need the log book from the car the engine came from.

You need to know the engine number of the engine you are taking out which will be on the V5, you need the engine number of the engine you are putting in. Complete the original V5 with the change of engine number and attach a letter on headed paper from a garage stating that car XXXXXXXX Engine no. xxxxx has been chnaged to Engine no. xxxxxx cc = xxxxx.

Takes about 3 -4 weeks to get the new V5 back.

John

Ok that's good news about not needing the v5 and that process seems pretty easy so long as the garage are helpfull.

That's good to know I'll keep it in mind if I need anything, I'm not 100% sure what decals I will be buying yet am toying with a few differnt ones but still have to get the car White first

Rich