Air Intake Strange Mess

Matthew

Pipe the oil vapour into your chassis legs and kill that rust :thumbup

Caveat ( No guarantee this will kill rust or not make you die in a CO saturated car )

When i had a CIH i took it to the rollers and the one of the first things they did was remove the vapour line from cam cover to throttle body as the operator said it gummed up the throttle body, he then cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner and the car ran much better.

Pipe the oil vapour into your chassis legs and kill that rust :thumbup

Caveat ( No guarantee this will kill rust or not make you die in a CO saturated car )

When i had a CIH i took it to the rollers and the one of the first things they did was remove the vapour line from cam cover to throttle body as the operator said it gummed up the throttle body, he then cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner and the car ran much better.

laugh.gif Now that's some creative thinking!

Well, after removal of the "made for Switzerland" decel valve gimmic, my engine works like charm, it's calm, better throttle response, no more hunting after decelerating to idle!

All issues gone, so I won't touch anything else cause it's not blown and I don't wanna hip flask thing under the bonnet. I also thought intake should be a bit greasy to help catch dust that passed air filter (I may be wrong). Would reconsider oil catch if I get the idea how to integrate it into tube, or maybe upgrade the one under cam cover by welding some longer sheet metal to make the oil vapour go longer way and adding more steel wool...