Whats The Best Clutch

tazz

hi just looking for sum info just fitted the 24v in to gte still a long way to go :unsure: but im looking to see whats the best clutch ot us will be using the gte box and flywheel .not got it changed from 6 to 8 hole yet so would like the right clutch.so if i need it to be modified for clutch i cane get it dun at the same time .just got a price for a paddle clutch :blink: fell of my seat . any help would be grateful

andy

Hey Andy

Im not an expert on clutches but when i did a bit of reading up on clutch upgrades for mine, all the stuff i read about padel clutches said that they are very harsh and quite hard on drive train and box etc.. and not that good for every day use. they guys at demon tweeks are good for help even if you just call for info as most of them are car nuts! there use to be one guy there that had a manta, dont know if he still is there now.

I know its not a direct answer but hope it helps a bit!

Andy

www.theopelproject.com

hi just looking for sum info just fitted the 24v in to gte still a long way to go :unsure: but im looking to see whats the best clutch ot us will be using the gte box and flywheel .not got it changed from 6 to 8 hole yet so would like the right clutch.so if i need it to be modified for clutch i cane get it dun at the same time .just got a price for a paddle clutch :blink: fell of my seat . any help would be grateful

andy

Used a paddle clutch on the race motor, they aren't overly grabby as far as i have found as long as you have a sprung not a solid spinner. Mine is a Helix sintered manta 400. Cheapest way would be to fit an uprated one for the calibra turbo but they aren't that cheap. What size is the std one on the 24v?

Hey Andy

Im not an expert on clutches but when i did a bit of reading up on clutch upgrades for mine, all the stuff i read about padel clutches said that they are very harsh and quite hard on drive train and box etc.. and not that good for every day use. they guys at demon tweeks are good for help even if you just call for info as most of them are car nuts! there use to be one guy there that had a manta, dont know if he still is there now.

I know its not a direct answer but hope it helps a bit!

Andy

www.theopelproject.com

thanks for the info will give demon tweeks a call at weekend :thumbup

Used a paddle clutch on the race motor, they aren't overly grabby as far as i have found as long as you have a sprung not a solid spinner. Mine is a Helix sintered manta 400. Cheapest way would be to fit an uprated one for the calibra turbo but they aren't that cheap. What size is the std one on the 24v?

sorry do u mean the std that hold the flywheel on to crank .if so the 6 of the 20l gte are flat but the 8 of the 24v stick up like bolts. have been thinking would this give me problems . if u mean cluck plat to flywheel it 4 but cane get it machined if needed to 6 or 8 . when the car is finished . it for fun driving not for race . so wont push her hard :rolleyes:

Edited by tazz

sorry do u mean the std that hold the flywheel on to crank .if so the 6 of the 20l gte are flat but the 8 of the 24v stick up like bolts. have been thinking would this give me problems . if u mean cluck plat to flywheel it 4 but cane get it machined if needed to 6 or 8 . when the car is finished . it for fun driving not for race . so wont push her hard :rolleyes:

No, what size is the standard clutch? Should be a six bolt fixing fixing anyway on a 24v. Don't bother with places like demon tweeks unless you really have to, go to the guys that supply them.

If you want to use the gte flywheel then you need to match the size of clutch to be preferably the same as the original in diameter. Calibra turbo clutch will take alot, but if its smaller you may end up burning through clutches at a high rate.

HTH

Chris

No, what size is the standard clutch? Should be a six bolt fixing fixing anyway on a 24v. Don't bother with places like demon tweeks unless you really have to, go to the guys that supply them.

If you want to use the gte flywheel then you need to match the size of clutch to be preferably the same as the original in diameter. Calibra turbo clutch will take alot, but if its smaller you may end up burning through clutches at a high rate.

HTH

Chris

thanks for your help. the gte clutch is 216mm and the calibra is 228mm so don't think it will fit :( just have to keep looking :unsure:

thanks for your help. the gte clutch is 216mm and the calibra is 228mm so don't think it will fit :( just have to keep looking :unsure:

228mm clutch will fit on a gte flywheel, just need to get it drilled for mounting holes. Carlton clutch is 228mm and the flywheel off one of those is the same dia as a gte. I did a carlton 2.2 clutch within about 10 miles of use. Go for the calibra setup as they do uprated ones that will handle about 300 bhp.

HTH

Chris

228mm clutch will fit on a gte flywheel, just need to get it drilled for mounting holes. Carlton clutch is 228mm and the flywheel off one of those is the same dia as a gte. I did a carlton 2.2 clutch within about 10 miles of use. Go for the calibra setup as they do uprated ones that will handle about 300 bhp.

HTH

Chris

thanks for the help looking at both options