Bitter Sc

spiney_norman

My Dad's decided it may be time to part with his Bitter SC, as it's sat outside since he got it and he doesn't have the time to do what needs doing. It's the '85 Earls Court motor show car so it's got all the goodies, 3.9 Mantzel engine, 9" rear wheels, air con etc. Needs welding to the OS outer sill and OS front inner wing/suspension turret area. Previous owner misplaced the keys so it needs a new lock set fitted but that comes with it, and it's been off the road for a few years so assume it'll need petrol pipes, brake pipes and things like that replaced. It does have two brand new rear tyres which are VERY difficult to source in the right size. It's extremely rare being a 3.9 and RHD, the Autobahnstormers have two other SCs in the club and I know at least one of those is a LHD 3.0 version. Mechanicals are the same as Senator A/Monza, so easy enough to source. It's got some tatty bits of bodywork that would want looking at eventually but it's a long way off a complete rot-box and apart from the welding wouldn't need much for an MOT as far as we know.

Looking for offers around £3500, it's in the SA18 area and no it won't drive away. We have a trailer we may be able to deliver it on if you're not a million miles away! Pictures and more details to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

So why have you decided to part with it? Looked like a good project for repairs when you bought it!

Is that inner wing/suspension strut worse than it looked - typical on the Senator and Monza - or is there more rust around the car to repair?

It's got to go simply because it's sat outside since we got it, and neither my Dad nor myself have any time or money to put towards it. We'd love to keep it but it's criminal leaving it sat out in the weather and not knowing how long it's going to be before either of us can actually do anything to it.

As for the rust, I've been as honest as I can in the post above, I know it's definitely going to need the OS outer sill and the OS inner wing turret, there probably will be one or two other little bits but they're the only major bits we know of. The rest of the rust is cosmetic, around the rear screen, bubbly OS outer front wing etc. I've also just remembered the front bumper needs a small repair to the fibreglass, it was a longer car than we thought and nudged the upright on the front of our trailer on the way home, but that's pretty minor really. I wouldn't really expect anyone to buy a car like this without coming to have a proper look at it first - I certainly wouldn't buy a car like this blind!

Incidentally, for anyone who may be interested, inner wing repair sections are available from M&M Dronten in the Netherlands...

• 3 weeks later...

Now relisted for the final time, if it doesn't sell it may just end up being broken. Any interest in the wheels for a 400 replica if it does go that way? Very nice nick, minor kerbing on the fronts and a couple of small marks on the rears. 2 brand new tyres on the back too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...