A Series Injection Fuel Tank.

johnboy

You should be able to modify your a series one, i have a diagram somewhere of the differences between the standard a one and the ones they ran for the german injection on the A series. Will have a look if your interested? can scan it and mail across.

You could stick the B series one in the boot/ they have those on ebay germany

Andy

I have the pictures of the difference between the A standard tank and the german a injection one. im sure you can modiy it easily if you can find a good enginering place.

Do you want me to scan it amd mail it across so you can see it?

What injection are you going to run? are you going to run a swirl pot?

Have a GTE engine/box assembly to go in so will be running a standard manta 2.0e injection system from an '85 manta gte. Car will be used at weekends and the occasional commute, wasn't sure if i'd need a swirl pot but know it would be better with one???

I was going to drill the front/bottom of tank and take a pick up from there and return it back through the original pick up pipe through the sender unit or maybe a seperate return into the front/top of tank, i know i read somewhere that someone had done something similar and providing they kept it above a quarter tank they had no problems, if i fit a manta b tank in the boot then will i have to put the filler in the boot as well as the a filler will be too low?

Im with you on the manta b tank, who wants one of those stuck in the boot!!

Here is a link to a PDF that shows the standard tank and the german one used for the injection they ran on the A series

http://www.theopelproject.com/?page_id=223

Im going to run injection, but mine is a bit more complicated as im running a full webber alaph setup on mine so have to use the swirl pot (and as you can see on the blog its a bit of a different approach im taking :-), but if you are just running the standard b setup you should be ok.

As for fuel in and out of the tank, im no expert but i think they usualy run the return back in so it flows over the pickup filter. I also think you will have to cap the two vents on the top back of your tank as you wont want the vent with the injection. The only other thing you might need is as pressure relief valve on the top of the tank to stop the tank becoming pressurised. But it might be worth talking to someone to find that out. Maybe someone who does older rally cars. I allways find demon tweeks are very helpful with info on bits like that or im getting all my fuel and brake stuff from these guys: http://www.motoscope.co.uk/ so they might be able to help, good prices on all there fuel and brake bits. I have saved a fortune on the goodridge bits. (Must put it on the blog under the links!!)

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Andy