Manta B, Instrument Panel (With Rpm Dial) Pinout Needed

GemBoy

Hi!

I have standard instrument panel in my 20S Manta B.

Just bought a replacement with RPM dial.

169fa1e.jpg

6f1tfm.jpg

but now i have a problem, nothing is working as it should except speedometer :/

So i need pinout for this type of instrument panel,

(also old panel had only 11 pins plug without pins 12-13)

I cannot open it to try find it myself because of used-part-warranty sticker, so i don't know if it's OK now :/

Is this marked thing a econ suction? Where it should be plugged? Into air intake somewhere?

And bonus question ;)

What is this for?, is it necessary for proper work?

1244702.jpg

Is it the same in all types of instrument panels? cause i have one from old panel...

As always - english is not my native language so i'm sorry for eventual mistakes i've made :)

I could not find this pin-out anywhere, so if it was here somewhere please point me there...

So help me please :)

Greetings,

/Gem

Hi Gem. I don't know about the econ gauge, as UK Mantas never had this fitted. The bit in your last picture is the voltage regulator. Yes, you do need it, it feeds +10V to the temp and tank gauges instead of a direct +12V, without this part the gauges will read higher than they really are.

Hi Gem. I don't know about the econ gauge, as UK Mantas never had this fitted. The bit in your last picture is the voltage regulator. Yes, you do need it, it feeds +10V to the temp and tank gauges instead of a direct +12V, without this part the gauges will read higher than they really are.

Thanks!

Actually i may have this voltage regulator broken, because i have quite high readings from temp gauge (far over half of scale),

as for fuel gauge i have no idea, as i'm using LPG instead of petrol, so it's on zero all the time...

So it's supposed to work anyway (even with bad readings).

I don't want to try-and-check all the pins, as i'm afraid that i can brake something that's why i need a scheme.

Should imagine you could 'T' off any vac pipe dude.

I will try to plug this when i will get other gauges to work, thanks for the tip.

I wonder if i can swap/mod this gauge to show me amount of LPG (this ECON is quite useless anyway, as

in this particular car i don't care about economy, especially when it's LPG powered),

probably it's impossible as LPG gauge is mounted straight on the tank...

EDIT: i just noticed that UK panels have OIL gauge instead of ECON, quite useful...

EDIT 2: Can any mod change a word in title of topic (from WIN to WITH), my stupid mistake...

Edited by GemBoy

From one of my other posts in the members section. Adjust with regards to references to oil gauge that you don't have.

If you joined you would have all this on easy access ;)

If fitting a 6 clock dash in a car that used to have the basic stuff..........

There is no need to cut any original wires.

Move the wires around in the original plug to the correct places.

This is very easy to work out by just looking at the circuit board, for example everything is connected to earth so you know what pin that is and so on.

The Oil pressure will be connected to the earth track (goes to everything) on one side and the other side goes to the pin that would need another wire adding in the socket.

Only one wire needs adding to this plug for the Oil pressure.

Voltmeter takes care of itself, no additional wires.

Fuel and temp re-uses existing wiring.

The rev counter has an additonal connector with a green and a white if I remember rightly

I made a pinout scheme for standard type instrument panel (cause i can open it),

then i assumed GND should be on the same pin and i risked some trial-and-error checks.

You may see effect below, i found most of signals.

(Please note that i numbered pins clockwise not like numbers printed on board inside,

also note that i have only OIL light instead of OIL gauge)

EDIT: scheme V2... when i got back into Manta i found out that i mislabeled pins 3 and 4,

i was pretty sure that GND is on pin 4, so is it mean that all gauges are controlled by "-" wires?

This tip didn't help me anyway, Voltmeter and RPMs still not working on 6-gauge panel :/

al6zpe.jpg

But i also found few more questions as i'm unable to open my 6-instr panel :)

How to connect HIGH BEAM signal? In old type i had pins 4 and bridged 3+11, i cannot find it now :/

How to connect VOLTMETER? I tried pin 4 + any other pin and there's no reaction...

Why FUEL gauge react to pins 1 (quick) and 6 (slower)?

What exactly i should connect to additional 2 pins back on RPM meter?

Now i have external VDO RPM meter with 3 wires named +, - and G, which of them i should connect to these 2 loose pins?

Edited by GemBoy