Omega R25-28 Gearbox Quick Shift Kit

Retro Power

With the Manta 1800 gearboxes becoming harder to come by the stronger Omega gearbox is becoming a popular choice.

There are a few complications to fitting these which we addressing to make the job easier for the DIY modifier.

One complication is that the standard shifter assembly is very sloppy, and more importantly not in the right position!

We have developed a shifter assembly which positions the stick correctly for a standard manta 5-speed transmission tunnel, and also gives you a nice, short and positive shift.

Price is £150 inc. VAT & post. There is currently a batch in production, so let us know if you are interested and we'll keep you posted on progress.

dscf1633n.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick one would you consider developing a kit for the Getrag?

I have the 1.8 Manta box in mine and I hate the gear stick position, I recon I wouldnt be the only person after a short shift kit for that box as its a very popular conversion!

Thanks,

Dom

What would you want to change exactly? It probably wouldn't be a huge job to make one up, and 90% of the parts would be the same, the issue would be the laser cut plates that weld together to make the bracket. I will check on interchangeability (getrag make the omega box too so chances are good)

Hi,

Its the final position of the gear stick I would like to change, it needs to be pulled back so reverse, 1st and 3rd are less of a reach.

It would be nice if you could still use the original hole for the selector shaft, but a bit closer to the driver with a short throw.

Thanks!

Dom

OK, will have a measure up tomorrow

i'm pretty sure the movement of the selector at the box is much the same for the omega and manta boxes, if so, the shift will be a fair bit closer then a stock manta one, and obviously won't have the slop of the stock manta stick with the rubber donut in the middle!