My 73 Opel Manta A Series 1.9 Sr

bmwe34

Hi came across this website while I was looking for some manta parts. Iv had this manta for about 6 years now and havent done much to it since its basically been sitting in a shed. Now that i am finished college and unemployed I thought it was a good time to pull it out and get it road worthy. managed to get the car running easily but noticed the fuel tank is leaking badly but have one sourced other than that it seems good an solid. Hoping to get a mig welder and do a fully restoration removing all the rust I have never patched rusted parts on cars before but im sure it will be fun learning. Anyway enough of the talk here are a few pics from about 2 summers ago when i had it out for a local vintage show.

101_0219.jpg

101_0218.jpg101_0221.jpg101_0220.jpg

• Like 1

Be interesting to see some pics of the work needed. Based on your photos it looks like a very nice car. Welcome to the forum too!

To be honest I havent given it a full inspection to see how much rust is on the car. The shell is waxoiled and the underneath looks to be underseald with some heavy sort of undersealer so im hopefull there isnt too much rust but a car of this age im not expecting it to be mint either hoping to get the fuel tank in the next few days so I can take it for a spin